[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

SWEET! Thank you Teacher! That gives me something to do tonight. :smiley:

I’ve been pondering how to improve the big projects on a structural level. I think kickstarter and other similar sites have some good ideas about how to do it. However, it should still be integrated into BLF. I’m hoping that sb might be willing to add an OAuth provider function to BLF itself, since that would allow people to develop new ideas on outside sites while still sharing the same set of users… and wouldn’t require sb to spend time on the details beyond that.

Some of the things I’d like to add are a way for people to manage their own information on interest lists, a way to do more detailed polls, a FAQ system, a way to organize people into teams, a way to organize teams and threads and such into projects, a way to list current and past projects, etc. It’s just a vague idea at this point, but if I have time I might try to build something.

Is there any reason the ol’ magnet trick won’t work? I have some 5x1mm and 6x2mm neodymium magnets that seem like they would do the trick.

I accidentally ordered flat top batteries so I’m hoping I can make it work.

Praise be, she gets it!

SB has been pretty open to things like this so far but won’t know till we asked I suppose. It would make projects like this 1000x easier that is for sure and more reliable. A built in payment system would be icing on the cake.

If you pursue it let me know.

One other thought. Can I put the solder blob on the battery carrier so the pos terminal sticks out? I understand why it was lowered to the board for protection because there is no reverse polarity protection. I am a nut when installing batteries in my flashlights and have never once installed one the wrong way. I realize it will be my own doing I just want to know if I do so if there is ANYWAY I might make contact with the neg and pos if I put the solder blob on the carrier where the pos is located. Thoughts…

Thanks, JasonWW.
Sent Neal an email and will wait for his reply.

I’m sure you could. As long as it makes contact it seem to me it would not make a difference if the boob was on the battery or carrier.

Neomis, did that answer your question?

xCentrino, there IS an order or pattern to the shipments.

So far only USA orders up to the 550th paid order without batteries got shipping notifications.

Thank you once again Teacher for your Knowledge :smiley: My the GT be with you :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Have google forms been tried around these parts as a way to collect information during a group buy ? I think every group buy I have participated in (that was not run through a website with a storefront) has consisted of an interest check google form, then another to collect payment and contact information.

Those might work. I think the battery positive needs to be about 0.5mm high.

Did you look at the full size picture? Click the link below.

That brass battery terminal is just a tiny bit shorter than the pcb next to it.

I’ve seen all the guesses, they are some solid guesses/predictions. I just didn’t want to add in anything not officially confirmed. :+1:

You understand the design. :+1:

It doesn’t use a mcpcb, though. I think people just get used to saying it. It uses a regular silicone or whatever non conductive pcb.

Magnets should work fine also. I sometimes forget that is an option. They won’t work on the Q8, but they will work fine in the GT.

I would hold off on that because your current cells might work as is.

They just might. I’ll wait till the GT gets here and go from there. No need to add solder blobs if its not needed + I have plenty of time to order another set of batteries. Always good to have lots of batteries. Thank you JasonWW :smiley:

Will do. Thank you again JasonWW :smiley:

I totally agree with your points 1, 2 and 3 (but not 4 :wink: )

Adding to your suggestions, i think that projects like the GT and the Q8 should have their own subforum. Threads could be only created by admin/mods and users could only post in existing threads. It would help keep posts organized instead of having a mega 12k posts thread. I’ve followed this thread closely and read all the posts and it’s incredible how many times the same questions have been asked. I tip my hat to The_Miller, Jason and Texas_Ace for patiently answering those questions again and again.

That’s my newbie suggestion.

Don’t forget magnets. You can use them as well and they are way cheaper than new batteries. :wink: