[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Someone from Australia got a DHL tracking number? I must have missed that

Kaidomain usually but i think the have no stock in the 5000k tint should be easy to find 6000 and above.

same in Aus :wink:

Get 2 LED’s and mod mine too!!

yes, Some lucky aussie is the first to hold a GT in our country!

Hi,
so other DHL packages to Germany are sent, too?
I would like to change registered mail to DHL, but didn´t got answer from Neal yet.
So I think mine will be sent with registered mail.
Thanks.

Yes two confirmed Germany DHL arrivals
Mine got stuck in customs, that means USD 40 on top
But thats life :wink:

Teacher check PM

Still nothing over here in the west yet. I think I was 79 on the list.

So my BLF GT has arrived. Really a BFF.... Big Fucking Flashlight :). Many thanks to the whole team. You guys have done a really good job here.

PS: Surely there were some ambiguities in the run-up to shipping the lamp. With a message of a consignment number, as it was intended, many a contribution or some PN would have been unnecessary.

Giggles showed up today.
DHL Germany, without batteries.
No notifications at all.
No taxes.

Hmmm your 238 on paid list, Bruno (the guy that received his) was 12th on the paid list. maybe they are shipping in order of payment received ??

if thats the case ill be waiting a while :cry: :cry:

Once again if there is anything important I missed, point it out to me.

For the reflector quality questions, we are looking into it. I am waiting for a reply about it now.

It was only pointed out to me yesterday, so give it some time, it is being worked on.

So far most of the reflector pictures I have seen were no worse then the V1 prototype reflector, which we had approved as being ok and also what got the 1.29mcd throw reading from VOB. If the quality is at least up to that level, there is no need to worry about it. We had agreed that it was acceptable when we saw it and nothing has changed now.

Lumintop was nice enough to try to improve the quality, this was purely a bonus for us but it has caused big delays in the production.

Which is where this thread actually plays a role I am afraid.

Lumintop is watching this thread, they do not speak english very well but enough to get the general idea.

When every other post is someone complaining that their GT has not shipped it sends a message that they should focus on quantity over quality and get them shipped out the door.

Can’t really blame them, I would even have to consider such a move in their shoes if I was reading this thread.

The fact is you can’t have it both ways, they can ship out faster with the V1 quality reflectors or it will be done when it is done.

People need to send a clear message one way or the other. Either they want it done now and are willing to accept the faster machined reflectors that come with that or they want the highest quality possible regardless of how long it takes.

They are not getting a “pass” on bad quality. The agreed upon quality was the V1 reflector, anything else was a bonus.

Now I am looking into the pictures and reports of the reflectors to see if any are not up to even the V1 quality standards. So far I have not seen any that are noticeably worse but I once again have only known about it for one day.

If you have a suspect reflector, please PM me a picture of it.

Far as shipping me a bad reflector, I will not be doing that on a mass scale, just no point.

That said if someone wants to send a suspect reflector and is willing to pay return shipping, I can install it in my light and compare the lux readings to see what kind of difference it makes. My guess is it will be a negligible difference within the margin for error of the test setup but I could be wrong.

I mean I have seen tests before between SMO and full on OP reflectors that showed only minor difference in lux readings.

My guess is that they have now finished the pallet shipping and are now taking care of the countries with too few orders for a full pallet.

So I would indeed assume that the rest of the orders should go more or less in order of payment received.

…except that DHL goes before registered shipping? (or do registered shipping packages go out unnoticed?)

I think registered shipping has gone at the same time but DHL will just arrive a couple of weeks quicker due to it being DHL vs Registered.

I have nothing solid to back this up but this is also my assumption.

I have not heard anything from lumintop in over a week, so kind of flying blind right now.

Hi
I’m not in a hurry.
I prefer exhaustive quality control VS the speed of the shipment.

quality +1

speed –1

The 2nd GT that I received has a very slight OP reflector also. But I don’t see it as a big deal… it’s really very slight; certainly not as pronounced as yclongthrows. Do I expect perfection in a budget light? No. As was previously written, it’s a balancing act between perfection (big :money_mouth_face: and production.

I was actually presently surprised that my first GT had such a high quality reflector surface.

This is how my light traveled

DHL is simply amazing