[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I can imagine that they have a problem in shipping this heavy GT at minimal costs. What was going through my mind all the time is, how can they sell and ship this heavy light for $111? I guess it’s not very common in Chinese culture to say, guys we have a problem, we actually don’t know how to ship this light in a way to avoid customs, and within our budget of selling and shipping this light at $111 Please help us thinking of a way we could do this.

What are the dimensions of the box Giggles ships in? There is a package waiting for me at the postal office, only thing I know is the dimensions (and I’m expecting a few other orders from China, but all are probably smaller).

Well,like everybody else,there is math ,and no maker ir seller would agree from the beginning to get in a deal toate loose money; Lumintop is selling and shipping lights all over the world so they have experience with it,can any of you confirm me that registred shipping would cost more than DHL Well ,personally,i don’t think so,please anybody confirm that - all the registered lights will be last to deliver,and somebody here that received a light,said he was lucky 900th number in the list - now hopefully all get our lights and in good shape

There is another option in shipping goods,given by Banggood,named priority direct mail,which,as I know from my experience is… Customs proof.Now,there is another option,named European direct mail,but I don’t know its specs.
I think they could search about for something like the above.

You would be correct, in China it is normal not let outsiders know about any issues that they may be having in fulfilling their agreements.

Lumintop has been much better about this then most china companies I have dealt with but still, I have had to drag some of the information out of them.

Not that I can really blame them, saying that you have even a fairly minor problem can quickly get twisted in translation and turn into a really big problem.

I mean just look at all the issues in this thread that started from a mere rumor of a minor issue or a random comment.

Ain’t that the truth……… :+1:
still waiting on those ……. (removed at TA’s request…… :+1: )

[quote=kntx]

Yes, the registered mail could easily cost more then DHL given the size and weight of the GT.

The same thing can be seen in the USA with the post office vs UPS/FedEx.

For packages under 16oz, the post office is by far the cheapest option but over 1lb and it can quickly go the other way. By 5lb it is almost always cheaper to ship with UPS or fedex.

Once again people are not factoring in the size of the package. The size can be more costly then the weight. The post office is cheap for small items but not for large items as they are not setup for handling them in bulk where DHL is.

This is not an option for the GT, it is just too large and heavy for this. This is the case with most of the options they have considered.

Trust me I know of a half dozen options they are considering, if there is an option, you can rest assured that they are considering it.

Lets not wait for examples, lets put things behind us and move forward without arguing, OK?

Please?

Works for me. But when people make false statements they should own it.
EDIT: …. Edit of referenced post completed TA. :+1: … :slight_smile:

So do I just sit tight, or should I contact Neal?

On 2 Dec 17, Neal contacted me saying he’d ship soon.
On 29 Dec 17, he said DHL doesn’t know how to ship to an APO address, I then gave him a Stateside address.
On 13 Jan, I emailed him asking if there was a tracking number or if it had been shipped, no reply.

FWIW, my # is 5, but I don’t know if they’re sending out in any kind of order. If others get theirs first, it is what it is.

Thanks TA for your hard work :+1:

I was lucky enough to admire the BLF GT that one friend received and it is stunning , unbelievable deal :wink:

This is true but sometimes we just have to suck it up and move on for the greater good.

I will add your name to the list of orders to look into that I am putting together.

Exactly, your right…. Sucked up & moving on . … :wink: …. :+1:

Thanks much, T_A. I know you don’t have to do this, so it’s appreciated.

If Lumintop makes an invoice with Flashlight proto $15 + shipping$10 total $25 you have a big change that it will slip through customs with DHL. Maybe send the batteries separately. Members who don’t want to use DHL can get the refund. Or...

make them use registered mail because it was part of the deal, sorry for the extra costs, not our problem.

The received answer was:
-My Giggles had not still been sent because of the expensive shipping costs.
-If I could pay half of the shipping fees

My answer was:
-It was not agreed but I will pay $37 corresponding to half of the shipping fees
Which I did immediately
In the message space in the Paypal payment, I remind he that I needed the DHL tracking number to make the customs declaration prior to arrival in the country

Since then I have not had more news from Neal

Possibly he has not responded because it has not been sent yet
If it has not been sent yet, no problem
It is shipped, when it is shipped
I want the best Giggles

Maybe they can send it by DHL and put on the papers it is a present. I never pay import duty when my Family sent me some stuff we write always presents on the invoice / custom papers. and with a value 35/40 Dollar.

Thank you Neal and TexasAce!

Respect for all the effort Neal, TA and the whole team is putting in the GT
I couldn’t be happier with my choice of registered shipping at the moment, especially after reading your post TA
It seems that lumintop is trying as hard as they can to deliver the quality BLF is asking and hopefully i’ll get a V3 light :stuck_out_tongue:

Have a nice weekend!
Cheers :beer: