[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

I did Google it before I had posted above, and it said the standard charge rate was 1.7amps. So I figured that 1A would be good, but if I get in a hurry, the 2A would be even better…lol

I’m charging them at 1A as I type. I guess that 2A every now and then wouldn’t be so bad!

Thanks for your input!

PM sent for both of you.

I hope I never have to take this GT apart, aside from popping the driver out to reflash it. Those head pieces are really, really tight. Probably needs a strap wrench.

I’ve got a big strap wrench on it but dang this thing won’t budge. Would probably help if I had a vice to put it in though

It can be a bit confusing. Plus 500 cycles is a lot. I pretty much recharge the batteries in my work lights once a week. 500 cycles equates to 9.6 years! I seriously doubt I’ll ever use them that long especially with newer and better batteries coming out all the time. Personally, I’ll just charge them at 2A all the time and buy some new ones in a couple of years. No big deal.

You definitely want to loosen the head from the light engine first. Yes, a vise helps.

Here is how I did it.

Here is how AlexGT did it.

Just got my GT!!! Love it. Thank you Texas Ace, JasonWW, Neal, Lumintop, VOB where I first saw this amazing light on YouTube and new I had to have this GRAIL. I’m sure I missed some of you but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Oh, and batteries are on the charger.

Thanks for the links! I’ll give that a shot at work tomorrow.

hi Guys
Here is my timeline
18.04.18 get mail and PM
18.04.18 Ordered, paid, send Number and Name
18.04.18 Confirmation Mail from Neal
no tracking information
02.05.18 1st get (about my neighbor), without additional payment
Contents: 1xGT, 8x35E, 1xTailcap, 1x Short Tube
In the mailbox a message: not reached (No.2?)
07.05.18 after two appointments (DHL) also got no.2 , additional payment 35,99€
Content: 1xGT, 8x35E, (2xShoulder Strap is missing) no matter ……

Thanks to all who made this monster possible. Hopefully there will be a new EDC soon …… :smiley:
Best regards ………Michael

I thought the same thing put it together and it didn’t come on. Then I realized there’s a paper sticker on each battery lol derp mine had 3.6 volts on them

I’m not sure I understand you, but are you saying that you ordered two lights and that one of them arrived without any extra payments but the second light did require an extra payment?

That is pretty odd.

I would think that Neal could ship the shoulder straps inside the GT box. If not, they may be shipped to you in a separate package using a slower and cheaper mail service.

Lol
Thanks!!!

YAHOOO!!!

It just arrived. Holly crap this thing is huge.

Thank you to the team. What a fantastic build. Hats off to the whole team.

I just recieved my short tube, bag and accessories that I ordered on April 4th. I never got a tracking number, it just showed up in the mail box. It’s to be expected. Lol

What a nice bag, fully padded (including the carry handle) plus a hidden zippered pocket inside that had the “key rings” in it.

It feels good to have all the accessories. :smiley:

Hello once again,

I picked up the blf gt from DHL Franklin Park near Ohare airport. DHL told me if you leave a signed note by the door, DHL will be able to leave it without a signature. On the phone, I was told that one could not have it delivered if the sender requires a signature. I found out where the DHL office is and it was not bad to pick it up there. They are open from 9am to 9pm at the one near here.

It is big but beautiful! I put the 8 batteries on the gryfalcon all 88 charger. My friend who got his earlier today has 4 charged in 2.5 hrs. The other 4 are not quite fully charged yet. Don't forget to take the black stickers off the negative side of the batteries. Mine are charging now so I can't use it yet. The cap, strap, and short tube I ordered were inside the box. All looks good so far.

Once again, my sincere congratulations to the design team for this amazing flashlight. It is truly an engineering accomplishment to design the farthest thrower in an led light to date. Again many thanks to Neal for his efforts ate coordinating the shipping to many different countries. More reports later.

DHL came by as I was outside this afternoon. One box handed over. I think I actually giggled…

I was surprised by the weight of this thing! Even allowing for the batteries packed into the carriers, it feels like it weighs a ton. And what an incredible piece of hardware. There is simply nothing I’ve seen that can compare to this. Looking at it alone across the room it looks kind of normal, then you get up close and reach out a hand - it is a massive thing. But with the batteries in it, I imagine the balance isn’t bad.

The bag and cap arrived a few weeks ago, and now they have a job to do while the batteries are charging. Not sure quite when I’ll get a chance for outdoor beamshots, but I will try.

A huge and hearty well-done to the entire team for this. I was able to drop a few extra dollars to the team when I purchased, but I actually think I might go back and drop a few more, it’s that fine a piece of work.

Thank you all!

Jason… just a bit of trivia.

If the pattern holds true, between numbers 1 & 1425; there will be 83 people who DID NOT get the round 4 PM for payment.

That 83 represents over 100 lights.

Were you saying the other night that you had manually sent PM’s to all these people…. as far as you knew?

Just checking……… :slight_smile:

Have another question about one of the Samsung INR18650-35E batteries I received with my GT. After using (2) XTAR SV2 chargers for charging (4) of the batteries that I pulled out one of the holders, I charged them on a 1A charge until 100. Took them off and measured the voltages. 3 of the 4 were showing 4.106V-4.195V, but the other cell was showing 4.050V? I then stuck it back on the charger and it said it was 80 charged.

So, I am letting it charge again to 100% and will take another measurement. Does this sound like this battery may have an issue? Not sure if this is normal as I have only used mainly protected cells!

So now that a couple friends have seen my GT in action they both want one. Will there be any extension to the group buy after drop outs are figured? I’d like access to possibly two more at a reasonable cost if possible.

Was it like this before you used it??

If not, and this occurred after you used it…… did you run it long enough for it to heat up pretty good??

Did you notice any smoke inside light??

All that mess could be excess flux heating up & burning off…. creating smoke & film residue.

KB noticed this & shut his down before damage. Then many people started taking the head off the ‘light engine’. cleaning thoroughly, & then running on Turbo for a while before reinstalling the head.
IF the reflector has this crap on it….do not try to wipe it off.