[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

The box is smaller than I thought it would be… lol…

Now I just need to find a charger… thought the batteries would have some charge on them… guess not.

I’m number 1701 on the list for my second GT but did not get a PM? :frowning:

1. received, with batteries. Extremely well packed. Charging as I speak….

Well, the the first thing you do is download the datasheet for those batteries. So Google “samsung 35e datasheet”. Inside it will show you two different charge rates. 1A is recommended in order to get the maximum cycle life. It will handle 2A just fine, but might reduce cycle life.

What that means is that after 500 recharge cycles at 1A the battery should maintain a higher capacity compared to 500 recharge cycles at 2A.

Specifically, after 500 cycles at 1A the capacity should drop to about 2,000 mAh. After 500 cycles at 2A the capacity will be lower, but it doesn’t say how much lower.

So if you don’t mind the wait, you can charge them at 1 amp on the SV2. If you’re in a rush, it’s probably not going to hurt to charge them at 2A every now and then.

For question 2: I believe the SV2 has really accurate termination voltages so it shouldn’t matter which charger you match the cells to. They should all end up at 4.2 volts. I wouldn’t worry about this.

Is the bezel reverse thread or glued in any fashion

staticx57 [ 21 1617]

No PM :frowning:

I was just perusing the 35e datasheet.

No, but the giant o-ring creates a ton of friction. It’s best to loosen the head from the light engine first in order to take the tension off that bezel o-ring. Then the bezel is a lot easier to unscrew.

I did Google it before I had posted above, and it said the standard charge rate was 1.7amps. So I figured that 1A would be good, but if I get in a hurry, the 2A would be even better…lol

I’m charging them at 1A as I type. I guess that 2A every now and then wouldn’t be so bad!

Thanks for your input!

PM sent for both of you.

I hope I never have to take this GT apart, aside from popping the driver out to reflash it. Those head pieces are really, really tight. Probably needs a strap wrench.

I’ve got a big strap wrench on it but dang this thing won’t budge. Would probably help if I had a vice to put it in though

It can be a bit confusing. Plus 500 cycles is a lot. I pretty much recharge the batteries in my work lights once a week. 500 cycles equates to 9.6 years! I seriously doubt I’ll ever use them that long especially with newer and better batteries coming out all the time. Personally, I’ll just charge them at 2A all the time and buy some new ones in a couple of years. No big deal.

You definitely want to loosen the head from the light engine first. Yes, a vise helps.

Here is how I did it.

Here is how AlexGT did it.

Just got my GT!!! Love it. Thank you Texas Ace, JasonWW, Neal, Lumintop, VOB where I first saw this amazing light on YouTube and new I had to have this GRAIL. I’m sure I missed some of you but THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

Oh, and batteries are on the charger.

Thanks for the links! I’ll give that a shot at work tomorrow.

hi Guys
Here is my timeline
18.04.18 get mail and PM
18.04.18 Ordered, paid, send Number and Name
18.04.18 Confirmation Mail from Neal
no tracking information
02.05.18 1st get (about my neighbor), without additional payment
Contents: 1xGT, 8x35E, 1xTailcap, 1x Short Tube
In the mailbox a message: not reached (No.2?)
07.05.18 after two appointments (DHL) also got no.2 , additional payment 35,99€
Content: 1xGT, 8x35E, (2xShoulder Strap is missing) no matter ……

Thanks to all who made this monster possible. Hopefully there will be a new EDC soon …… :smiley:
Best regards ………Michael

I thought the same thing put it together and it didn’t come on. Then I realized there’s a paper sticker on each battery lol derp mine had 3.6 volts on them

I’m not sure I understand you, but are you saying that you ordered two lights and that one of them arrived without any extra payments but the second light did require an extra payment?

That is pretty odd.

I would think that Neal could ship the shoulder straps inside the GT box. If not, they may be shipped to you in a separate package using a slower and cheaper mail service.

Lol
Thanks!!!