***PAY HERE Eagle Eye X6 Heatsinks (Triple & Quads)(CLOSED)

I don’t doubt you on driver size. To be honest I haven’t really looked at the x6 that closely. I’ll admit to being a lemming. Had the group buy and I figured what the hell and ordered one. When I did I saw the hosts I ordered one as well. Saw this on the heatsinks and figured sure for my host. All this and I’ve yet to put my hands on a x6 and I honestly have not looked at how they are built that closely. Just following along!!! While we are on the subject, how tall of a driver will it accept?

The driver bay is actually quite deep, I don’t remember measuring it but the new driver in the Special Edition lights has a toroid and isn’t even close to bottoming out. Without taking any of my modded X6’s apart, I’m gonna guesstimate it’s at least 15mm deep. Don’t quote me on that, it’s a measurement taken from memory and my memory is notoriously on walkabout. It’s gonna be close to that though. I have 5 X6’s currently, and have worked on some 17? So it’s pretty familiar to me.

XP-L with FET driver that has a 7135 chip for lower 3 modes running a V4 3D at 1538 lumens (just built yesterday)
MT-G2 at 2500 lumens through the Ledil Iris Optic
XHP70 at 4426 lumens through the Ledil Minnie-M Reflector
XP-L V5 2D Triple at 3500 lumens
XP-G2 S3 3C Quad at 2800 lumens

The lower 3 modes on this new one are at .01A, .07A and .11A, for 2, 11, and 22 lumens. Then a jump to the FET at 738 and 1538 lumens (2.24A and 5.75A) So there are some long lasting modes to choose from for normal operation and excellent efficiency, and 2 modes for power when it’s needed. The 3D emitter at the efficient low end is really a pretty sight. Without having to PWM the entire 5.75A the light output is smooth and subtle, I like it! :slight_smile: This is a prototype driver from Richard, Wight has one similar as well. The FET delivers high end punch while the 7135 chip offers regulated current under 380mA for the softer more subtle delivery of low end output. And it works, works well, even outside on a 300 yd walk last night the 1.89 lumen low mode was sufficient to walk by, the 11 lumen mode put out more light than one would think with dark adjusted eyesight. And I am rambling on as usual. :stuck_out_tongue: Sorry.

Wow Dale, I can’t wait to get my hands one one of those FET/7135 drivers! Sounds like best of both worlds… :smiley:

Wight and Richard are changing the way we do things. Wight is developing stuff like mad, you have to stop yourself from jumping in cause he’s got new stuff in the works like every day!

Ain’t technology grand? :slight_smile:

Are these two drivers the same thing?

I understand the A17DD-S08 is Dwight’s design and the BLF17DD is available completely assembled with STAR firmware via RMM at Mountain Electronics.

If the two drivers are different, what are the main differences?

Thanks!

The electrical schematic of the current BLF17DD driver (V1.0 due to a version numbering reset!) and all versions so far of A17DD-SO8 is the same. There are a lot of differences though. Please take a look at the first post of these two threads, that should get you up to speed:

This first thing you’ll notice is that the A17DD-S08 is single sided, which makes it easier to reflow. But like wight said, there are a lot of dfferences.

………
“Dwight” made me laugh… alot.

Woops!

Apologies to Wight for the fatfinger and not checking the auto spell correct in my original post :bigsmile:

Thanks for the info!

I’m just typing on my cell phone now, so haven’t yet read the reference threads provided. Is there mention of a source from which the A17DD-S08 driver is available fully assembled and flashed?

(Glad I provided some levity :slight_smile:

I know Nitro had been selling some extras he had, otherwise nobody I know of sells them. Richard at MTN has some similar single-sided boards in the works, no idea when they’ll be available though.

Payment sent for one copper triple kit and US shipping.

PayPal Transaction ID # 610651975D519483V

Send me a pm i got alot left

Thanks - PM sent.

Is there an ETA on when they will be ready to ship?
:bigsmile:

They are making them on business hours and has 2 designs to machine with 2 different materials, im no machinist but i would think they will be done by mid week so Jan22nd to 24th and im ready on my end on shipping

i promise you guys u will not be disappointed on these, just a pure awesome design and great addition to the x6

placed another order for 10pcs of the Noctigon XP32

Paypal payment sent for adding two AA17DD-S08 driver boards to my existing heat sink kit order.
Transaction id is 5VW23962FM263235L.

got it post #2 is updated with your order/driver

Paypal sent for adding one A17DD-S08 driver to my heatsink kit order.

Update: Orders can still be made i only had a few COPPER QUADS made since there was not alot of interest, as im typing this the Triples are being made :)

Spinning the copper twisties! I like watching the little coils spin off from the lathe, fresh cut copper is smexy! :bigsmile: