Photobucket free 10GB

On my phone, it shows a bunch of options for me for sharing…one of them is Copy Link to Clipboard…which shows the traditional link options.

yep, I found it earlier today in a fit of frustration, they sure like to hide things, the auto upload is pretty glitchy now too, really not impressed.

Add in all the tracking software and I dont think photobucket will be getting my trade for much longer.

why add a load of junk options like share to Facebook/twitter? I can do that straight off my phone, I don’t need to open up an unstable app to do it (it crashes annoyingly regularly).
gords is not impressed, and I need it sorted for next Friday, its Alice’s funeral and I dont want to lose anything.

They want to give people….obsessed with facebook and twitter…that “may” also “like” photobucket and incentive to use their app…since this generation of phone users are app obsessed as well as social network obsessed.

ummmm

thanks to this post I just deleted quite a few apps and added one that replaces all of them lol

I wouldn’t say I’m app obsessed, at the moment I’m technology frustrated.

that being said, I’m in the process of building my first ecig mod……obviously instead of just using a battery and switch, I had to buy one of the highest wattage boards available to incorporate in a mahogany and brass body……I guess I’m still enamoured with technology lol

I use Photoshop Elements 9, I had photography as a hobby for a while and it’s a useful program to have.
It has this useful feature -

Just resize and tell it what size you want the file to be and it optimizes for that size I used to have it set for 80k as the website I used a lot had a 80k limit on images but unlimited if you hosted them instead of uploading them to the site, this is perfect for the job.
I’m always conscious of the bandwidth usage on forums, I spent a lot of time with 56k dial-up and a lot of images would kill the page for me. I’ve got cable broadband now so it’s not an issue for me but there are still people with slow connections.

EDIT…………The photobucket app doesn’t seem to work on a windows phone so no extra storage for me.
I have ISP space, Abload DE, Canon Gateway, Google and various “cloud” spaces so I don’t think I’ll run out of space soon

I updated the app I already had and used it. Afterwards, I ended up getting the extra free space. I went from being 98% full to now 18% full :bigsmile:

I’m still finding the app is awful.

crashes annoyingly regularly.

auto upload is no longer automatic

photos are now resized ridiculously big

try uploading more than one photo at a time, it just stalls and says “waiting for network” despite having full 3g signal.

The old app worked fine for what I wanted. the auto upload was extremely useful to me - no risk of losing pictures of the kids for example.

The new app is bordering on ridiculous tbh.

Go to your app manager(not the Play store), and uninstall updates, it “should” revert back to the old version so long as they don’t block the old version from functioning you should be fine.

You are right, the IOS version is very poor. I mostly use the PC version.

I already tried deleting the updates….no dice. its not like I have an obscure phone, its a galaxy s3 one of the most popular smart phones available, if thats not compatible your pretty screwed really.

Do you know the version number? I can upload the 1.5.10 apk if you need it.

I contacted Photobucket via the Help button on their page to complain about the app not downloading, they got back to me and someone called Billy confirmed that it won’t work on a Windows phone.
He then said that he would increase my storage to 10GB anyway. My Photobucket account now shows 2% full.
Thank you to photobucket. :bigsmile:

That was nice of them. They didn’t respond to my message nor have they upgraded my account.

I have deletede all my files on photobucket, but stil I get 100% storage used.

Holy necrothread, Batman!

Use imgur instead.

You joined up on this forum just to drag from the grave a very nearly 6 year old thread with your 1st post, that has nothing to do with flashlights? :person_facepalming:
I mean, how the hell did you even find it?
Bizarre.

Welcome to BLF saliberia.

Allas, you posted on a thread that has been silent for over 5 years.
Things have changed regarding to Photobucket. I stopped using PB, so did al lot of other BLF members.

Please follow this LINK before you ask for more information.

I used PB to “hotlink” pictures to my posts. PB used to be free of charge for hotlinking, but not anymore.
Today I use Imgur for that. (still free, better speed, less pop-ups).

Miss you Chloe.