pics of hand held spotlight

hey guys im looking for some pics of your hand held spotlight, only why im asking this is because im looking for a cool bad * looking spot light host i can use for my next build, only thing i need is to have it fit a 4inch lens

ps: i like the looks of a litebox ? and if this is in the wrong section please move

I think a decent project would be to convert one of those huge 12” halogen spotlights. You’d have to find a way to mount the led approximately where the light bulb filament is but it should work but for real maximum effectiveness you probably should have the individual led’s facing toward the reflector.

I myself made this little guy a while ago. With the all copper heatsink I could seriously overdrive the led for some really good surface brightness. It was let down a little by the reflector though with only a 2.5” reflector.

The beamshot is compared to my already excellent 45 k-lux HS802. When I measured it it was easily 120+ k-lux.

well im just looking for a awesome looking host because i have a 2bbl aspheric set up, the lens is 4 inches and will be a pencil beam of light once done just hard to find a host for it so i though a box light might work ?

That's a pretty cool idea. I have several spotlight projects that I started, but didn't finish due to indecision on how to get the heat out of them. This one has an aluminum body and would probably be the easiest to heat sink. It's the one that I plan on finishing first (MTG2 and stock reflector). I think the reflector is around 4". It's pricey though. I paid around $43 on Aliexpress.

Let me know if you want anything measured on it.

i like that because the aluminum body but i like this style lil more light

but if i dont find anything else i might pick one up like yours :slight_smile:

if i can find cheaper ebay

I hear you. I haven't been able to find one yet that satisfies me either so far. Hope you find some thing that works because it sounds like cool concept.

I wouldn't have the heart to change that Cyclops into an aspheric though. That bad boy is meant to be HID all the way.