Planning to do a Give-Away. Any ideas?

My 2K mark was posted already a while ago, yet no give-away has been done.

Reason is, I have pretty much ran out of useful stuff. Got some broken hosts etc...

Even beginners start to have fuller shelves tha I do. I have a tendency to circulate everything I do not frequently use.

At this point, not a good thing...

What I would like to do:

-Give-away meant more for beginners, newbs so to say.

-Would like to give stuff, that "every newb needs". Something, that makes life easier, skips some phase of buying 10$ junk, then after a week, a 15$ proper product.

-Perhaps not a light. Generic stuff. DMM? Batteries? Charger?

-This time, I will order a new product or such. No reason to pack up stuff worth 10$, 20$ or so and then pay 100% more for intl shipping!

Definitely more bang for buck to buy new without shipping costs...

-Make this give away for new users. Registered during last month or so with just a few posts. Does this offend you, older farts?

What I need:

- GOOD SUGGESTIONS!

- Stuff not too pricey yet useful. Bang for buck is the key.

No offence taken by this old fart.

How about ordering an Equus 3220 DMM from Amazon for around $15 (I think that's around what I paid for it) and having it delivered directly to the winner?

I like the dmm idea, how about a good quality 18650 (panny or Sanyo) and a good simple charger (ml-102?)

I like the trend of keep the newbie safe giveaway

Congratulations on your 2k posts!

I like the DMM idea. Amazon shipping to other countries than US can be expensive -> maybe the same DMM can be found from some other place?

Some safe charger would be nice too. For example Nitecore Intellicharger i4 v2 ($25.39 - 10% with some code).

A pair of 18650’s or 14500’s or 4 pack of eneloop’s winner can pick ?

an ML-102 charger - love mine

a “kit” light all the parts to build a light and then they can post pictures

multiple winners and some of those rc helicopter Lipo voltage readouts - waiting for one for my ml-102 charger - safer charging when you can see the voltage

battery storage box - like a pelican micro case or something

just a couple of ideas

whatever you do please count me in.
Thanks

If you want to give away one of those broken hosts……

Seriously though, a dmm and a link to a post on how to get the best out of it sounds an awesome idea, or how about a decent iron, a broke host and a cheap star/driver along with a term, ie here’s the bits to do a mod, ask any questions, but post a “how you did it” thread.

Giving back to the community, and giving someone the chance to “have a go”.

I think the DMM, couple of 18650´s or a decent charger are good ideas.

I recall in some posts, new users have seen getting into 18650 batteries as a step to bigger lights.
Maybe that Intellicharger would make it easier to do the transition from AAA/AA :wink:

If winner does not want, it can still be used as a AA/AAA/C -charger.
4-bay charger could hold for a long while in this hobby with that 26650 ability added…

Congrats to the 2000th post!!

:D

whatever you do, count me in!

This is a nice idea.

You can get it at the moment for $19,79 with EU/US/UK or AUS plug:

Thanks Kreisler and other for compliments!

Yep, just ordered 2pcs a couple of days ago.

I think the charger would be something useful enough and within the budget :party:

I really like the idea of a DMM. When I was a newbie that would have been the most useful item to me. I don't mind not being able to participate. (6 months is to old)

Great idea! One of the most useful things I have is my magnifying lamp. I could not function without it. DMM, the right solder, flux, solder wick, third hand tool, all good ideas for a start up kit.

I think the give away should be open to anyone starting the hobby even if they have lurked/posted for a while, say 3 lights owned or less

DMM as mentioned is a great idea. A host or light with an outdated LED might be an option too since a newbie might want to mod their own light. Something like a SPIKE could do. Have read that the harbour freight DMMs are a good deal!

Extra 18650’s would be lovely.

Cheap or not, winning a giveaway is the best feeling in the world!

Cheers! :beer:

Congrats for your 2K posts

Broken hosts… may be I need these junks :bigsmile:

Rebuild & Homemade - I like that.

Thread is up there already.

I got just one host, Marsfire which is similar to STL-V2.

Congrats by the way…

Being fairly new to the hobby, a pair of good batteries no one should be without.

A Pair of Xtar 3100’s with a case would make anyone smile. :slight_smile: