Please educate me on Nichia 219 LED's.

I was really surprised how high the cri is on the xpg2 nw 4c ..I have a few 4c's that are as good or better overall than the nichias ... 1# they are brighter / can be driven harder and 2# the tint is better 3# has a bit more throw and still has a nice smooth beam without exaggerated hot spot or rings

I work on the basic BLF philosophy of ..buy them both

this light

has a plastic spacer stuck to the reflector
and I’d like to put a Nichia (on a star, from Illumination Supply) in place of the cool white emitter.
Any suggestion welcome if anyone recognizes this — whether I’ll need to change the spacer (to what?) or replace the reflector (with what?) or just learn to love a donut …

The Nichia should work fine in the F13 reflector, it is trial and error if the focus is right with or without a spacer. This spacer does not center the Nichia very well though, the led is smaller rhan the stock XM -L. Infact I know of only one spacer that is made for 3535size leds in XM-L reflectors, they sell it at Fasttech.

turned out to be a perfect match

Well post some beamshots then. Some of us have the same light and some of us are thinking of doing the same thing :bigsmile:

I didn’t take pictures of the ‘before’
The after looks just the same, same size spot, same everything, except neutral instead of cool.
I did put a bit of Arctic behind the star, which was loose, not held down by anything except the reflector.