Please help me to fix my Imalent DT35

I have an Imalent DT35 with 4 cree xhp 35 leds (2017) and 2 of them are flikering, blinking… I recently bought it used, but it had very little use (it is like new)…. sometimes a 3rd led will start ok at 80lm setting, but then will turn off at 1000lm or 5000lm settings. The 4th one will never turn on (it is just blinking in a low light “mode”).

Do you think is there some solution for it? (by the way, with just 2 leds working the amount of light is impressive!)

Thanks in advance…

It's nice of you to join us, marcosgg!

Welcome to BLF,
I’m glad to read that (with cleaner and screwdriver) you solved the battery problem.
About the malfunction, I’m sorry I can’t help you.
I think you will get good advice here.
I don’t like that brand but, that’s just me. I have to admit that it is a top brand.
Regards.

Haha, ok, very thanks for your words.

Try to re-solder or improve the soldering of LEDs to MPCB

Ok, but I dont even know how to disarm it, how could I reach to the leds?

I did many seachs on google and didnt found a post about disarming Imalent flashlights…

I dont know about DT35 but once I tried to fix DN70 and I had to frill it since the driver was glued to the body
Imalent DN70 driver fix | BudgetLightForum.com

Drill it sounds bad…

ok, thanks, this symptom of one of the leds turning on (sometimes) at 80lm but never turning on in the rest of the modes, what could it mean?

I don’t have any experience of the light but if all the LEDs should turn off and on at the same time, and should all be the same brightness at the same time, the fault will be with the LED or the LED’s connection to the board.
Basically the power to the board is proven to be fine because at least one LED works properly and they all take power from the board.

If the LEDs can be controlled individually (which would be rare) then it could be anything.

Ok thanks. Believe it or not, now the 4 leds started for the first time! Why? Well, I let it on at 80lm with 3 leds (I had luck, the 3rd one started) and, to my surprise, 2 or 3 ours later the 4th led started too! It never did until now.

But I will not touch it for some time: maybe it is just drying and that’s why it is getting better.

It was not used for maybe 4 years or more… maybe it is just that…

Usually, when the 3rd led started, it would turn off if I went up to 1000lm… so I am afraid of touching it now.

Maybe I’m going to leave it on until the battery runs out (2 days ahead! that’s why I like this model, plenty of runtime in low settings…)… and then I will try to repeat and see if the 2 failed leds start at 80 and 1000lm.

Hhmm, could be the heat, improving contact. Could be a few things, power, ground, driver, LED connection, etc.

Review here, not so complementary: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/48611#comment-1231789

It looks like 4 cells in parallel, and the LED's are 12V, so needs a boost driver. I think the batteries would draw 6-8 amps on max/turbo, assuming 2 amps and 12V per LED. So your batteries need to be fairly good. Probably not the batteries but worth checking. I would clean the brass ring where batt+ makes contact - use a little sand paper and/or isop. alcohol. Also where the batt tube connects up to the housing head. Check the springs - also clean contact surfaces there with isop. alcohol. Oxidation can build up over time and it's not really visible. That's like the easy stuff that you can get to.

Yes, very thanks. Your review is amazing. It is sad it doesnt have the lumens and power sustain like the specs say, but overal I think it is a very good product… and I love the oled screen, I like the SOS and Beacon modes (not present in recent models). Besides, if it really last for 60hs at 80lm, it is a great feature to me.