Please recommend a multi tool under $30

No, the G301 is no EDC at all. Big multi-tool and even bigger sheath. I like mine but it's more something for backpacks or 2-wheel bags. But even with the G301 ... don't expect LM or Vic quality. The G301 is lowest and cheapest I would go. I can be bought on greatwalloutdoor for $37. The fake Gerber from DX and the fake Leatherman Wave both broke. It's wasted money. If you look for something smaller and EDCable. The LM Wingman and LM Sidekick would probably fit better in a EDC role... but they are only light duty, no locking tools, no standard bit set...they do have a removable pocket clip. I personally EDC a LM Juice S2 if the G301 is too big.

Thanks, in that case I’ll keep an eye out for a deal on a real LM tti charge. Can’t justify it at the price I’m seeing at the moment.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/multi-in-1-portable-copper-pliers-48-screwdriver-bit-set-silver-142946

The machining could be better… but a solid kit for $20

I would still recommend the real deal… but I got this one and like it…

Just ordered this:
https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001881/1136203-ganzo-g101-s-multi-tool-pliers-toolkit-outdoor-cam

After over a one year of dry season in multitools… Not too high hopes since this is Way Cheaper than the G301 (which was great quality, IMO).

+1

I had my sight set on this one too, please report back how good it is ;)!
Online reviews that Ive found seem to be good.

Is there any guarantee on leatherman?
I have a leatherman micra (the small with scissors) and the scissor loosened a bit after edcing it for years and now it doesn’t cut some fine things…

I do a lot of electronics work, so I went with a Leatherman Squirt ES4 for my keychain tool. Very well built. Scissors, needle nose pliers, wire strippers, screwdriver, file, etc. About $25 in USA.

They have a lifetime warranty

+2 love my suspension. It’s under 30$ and has done everything I needed it to.

If you like something different check this one :

E.D.C Haller

It’s from this german Manufacturer in Catalog “Messer 1” Catalog

I bought it from the *bay for 30€ delivered.
A bit different but depending on what you need it for can be really practical.
Don’t know what the real enthusiasts think about it

MO

Wie geht’s? If i’m not wrong, that’s just a rebranded chinese tool (were it german, it would be proudly written on it and would cost at least double the price) . I know i’ve seen it before, probably a Jeep one (pretty sure that in Manafont) for around half the price. I find the design cool, but not so practical for the average user (neddle nose pliers are a must for me). Any idea why is it so difficult to find multitools in Baumarkts (the home depots around here in Germany)…?

Buenas Flaco - Espñoles en alemania :davie: :smiley: reunite

Rebranded Hmmm… could be - don’t know but never saw it at chinese shops

I just gifted one to my brother in law and wasn’t shure if it was something good
But when it arrived i was positivly surprised of its quality and functions - seemed sturdy
But only time will tell - my BiL is testing it and he is a heavy user, until now he destroyed
every multitool in a matter of days or weeks - depending on quality and costs.

I just thought it would be interesting to see something that differs a bit from the standard.
It has integrated bits (mediocre quality) and two different positions in the tool to put them in.
The handle for the pliers snaps out after opening the small lever at the side and is spring-loaded
and the adjustable wrench goes up to 13mm - quiet handy

Saludos de otro español en alemania

Mo

jajjajajjaja :party:
i couldn’t wait , so i checked it (just to make sure my memory is not that crap yet):

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/jeep-stainless-steel-multipurpose-tool-kits-knife-screwdrivers-pliers-wrench-p-6272

knew it!!!

Cuidadin esta noche con las uvas

Hijos de p….
Malditos ladrones alemanes |(
(Sons of …
Damned german thiefes)

I should have investigated more.
Just now i don’t know who to blame more the chinese for being cheap, the germans for ripping me off or myself for being stupid :slight_smile:

Anyways 17$ is a nice price

Mo

PS: Happy New Year to all - have to go partying now - See you next year

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: German, Spanish, Northamerican, alll the same… most western countries (and most western big name companies) outsourced production to asian companies but still want to charge as if produced in western world. That’s why i respect Leatherman (too bad their prices in Europe)

hmmmmmm ……
http://www.manafont.com/imagelibrary.php?src=ns3W19DJ2JHo7M6jn5OaqJ-blZCrqM_i1g..&w=600&h=600&f=jpg&q=90&hash=bfd6724c6474e79f96d7b11f3db20004

I’d never consider that one, it’s missing a showel, a tennis racket and a cream whipper :bigsmile:

Well, truth be told - not all of LM’s tools are made/assembled in USA :wink:
Some come from Mexico.