Pocketable EDC to replace a C8?

I love my C8 but when it starts to get warm out, it's becomes a pain to carry on yourself, so I need to find a light with a smaller head so it will fit into a normal pocket.

I'm looking for a 1x 18650 XML with a tail clicky for around $20.

Here are a few that I've been looking at:
Convoy S8
Eagle Eyes F30

Nico Nature S10 - removed due to twisty not clicky.

Open to other suggestions (outside of the convoy line) and opinions on the ones above!

Does anyone have any recommendation for a EDC flashlight that would fit into a pant pocket and not feel like a huge downgrade to a C8?

Cross the Nico Nature S10 off your list.

I own one. Looks reasonably well built. … but it’s a twisty. And you specified you want a clicky.

I love my S8, but you could also look at the Eagle Eye F30. It has been reported to be of even better quality. The F35 has a tail clicky but mode changes are done with a side switch.

For a stock light, the groupbuy for the A6 (linked above) is pretty much unbeatable.

I'd like to get a light now then pick up that A6 when it's available.

Out of currently available to buy lights, which should I go with?

Thank you for the save. It didn't specify switch type anywhere, but the picture looked like it was a tail clicky.

Thank you for sharing that A6 group buy. I'm new to group buys but I posted I was in for one. It looks to be exactly what I'm looking for.

Switched the F35 out for a F30 due to that mode button.
Having a side switch on my SkyRay King annoys me, haha.

The S8 and the F30 look really similar. Wonder if it's worth the $10 increase.
Is the S8 waterproof?

The anodizing and thermal management appear better on the F30. Otherwise it is very similar to the S8.

I love my eagle f30. It makes the s8 look kind of cheap when you see the two side by side. Roche f6 is another good small edc light.

I've been waiting patiently for GearBest to get the F30 in stock and it's finally in stock!

GearBest was even nice enough to offer a coupon for the Eagle Eyes F30, they said I could share it, so enjoy. :D

Eagle Eyes F30
Coupon: GBF30
Price: 22.29

If you share the code: please post a link here or message GearBest with a link to where you shared the code.

I had the option of 5-10 day shipping with tracking for $4.99!

I’d say you can’t go wrong with Eagle Eye or Convoy, I think the EE lights are a bit better machined and have nicer anodizing, but the Convoy lights have drivers with nicer user interfaces.

If the C8 is just a little too big you could look at the Eagle Eye X6, it’s not much smaller than a C8 but it feels that way because it’s more rounded, I was pocket carrying for a while until I got my newest ECD light:

I got all excited for a second there thinking the A6 group buy was selling and I missed it. Is that the A6 head on a BLF X6 body?

Got it in one, I wanted a pocket clip. The A6 body looks good in a X6 also.

Check out the convoy m1
It’s a great light

I have he convoy M2 and the quality is just amazing. Paired with an xml2 and a 4A driver it performs better than any other light of the similar size.

Also have a look at the JAX C8 mini, the host only version is reasonably priced and comes with ar glass.