Poll:1st BLF Original Ti

This light should have a clip .

Or a way to attach one .

Makes sense but also depends on price…
So Rey need to get some quotes and then we can talk again…

This thing will make the price a LOT Higher.

titanium has 3 times less thermal conductance than aluminum, and some 6 times less than copper. In case someone was considering driving the emitter hard.

I’d rather have a full copper version with a really thick integrated shelf, with potential to solder the mcpcb directly on it, ready for some serious hotrod mods.

Higher, I could guess why, but a lot? There aren’t many more steps involved in the cutting, as I imagine it. Nor any more raw material :quest:

Setting up tooling is expensive.

not only about the tooling.

Ti material is expensive, but not that expensive. Ti flashlight is high price because it's hard to machined.

There will be a lot of wasting material,and that part surely is paid by us.

BTY,

I think it's better to update to the original post and discuss there.

I like the design Rey posted, distinctive without the BLF logo.

I like my stainless steel Convoy S7 and DQG Tiny AAA. They may be relatively heavy for their sizes, but they look nice and withstand wear and tear like nobody’s business.

I have several titanium lights too, but they don’t withstand abuse nearly as well as steel. They may be a lot lighter, but they’re also softer. Still better than aluminum though, since the wear isn’t as visible, and I think the bare metal looks far better than anodized aluminum.

If I got another titanium host I’d want it to be small. Like, if we could get the CNQG brass 18650 light in titanium, with a screw-on clip, I think it’d be awesome.

Smaller would be good too, except we don’t have many parts to put inside. The brass light is the smallest host which can still hold the common, standard parts.

I agree with Toykeeper. Do an Brass Beauty 18650 in Ti with a screw on clip (maybe a touch bigger to fit more batteries) and I’ll buy 2 or 3…

The plan is now to copy the Convoy S2+, but I think if made in titanium, all parts can be made with thinner walls leading to a smaller flashlight than the S2+, and less use of expensive titanium.

no Djozz..no Djozz, you forgot about the trits ... thinner walls means less space for trits

+1

Being milled instead of cast I think how much titanium is wasted depends on the stock it’s milled from so a thicker walled light may waste less material as well as requiring less milling. It would be nice to have a common standard thread pitch used so that copper crazed lumatics can have heat sink inserts made up for S&G’s. I’m less concerned about any particular thickness than I am about getting the styling suitably unique.

<—- I, personally, like the combination of Titanium and Copper. :slight_smile:

But this S2 18350 in Ti really strikes my fancy. Ok, ANYTHING in Titanium strikes my fancy… your point?

+1 for 18350,18500,18650 convertible light(s)

+1 for 18350,18500,18650 convertible light(s)

Since threads and o-ring grooves overlap the length of material used is increased by the amount of overlap for each added section. A tube light has 2 threaded connections, head>body, body>tail cap. To have 18350, 18500, 18650 compatibility means 4 threaded connections and probably 20-25 mm more material length than for a single 18650 tube. Seems reason for a machinist to want a lot more.

I love titanium lights but im not a fan of knurling on titanium, how about a S2 inside and something like this on the outside. Now that would be a big seller at any price.