[POLL] Solarforce p1d GB $23

maxtoch you say! Here are some proposals:
SP6X-8

SN6X-10

HI6X-12

HI6X-14
I especially like this one, it would be nice if they would equip it with XM-L2 U2, then I would be in for 2-3 maybe more depending on price. :wink:

I ā€™m in for S2200 :slight_smile:

I would definitely be in for a Grey P1D.

For Maxtoch Iā€™m interest in these (with upgraded led):
Di6X-3
SP6X-10
For 100 pcs may be this one is more possible:
ED5R-8

That model does look good, especially with the upgraded LED. It would be nice to leave the upper two modes as is and replace the strobe with a lower mode. I know many people donā€™t like the medium mode being that high, but I think of it as ā€œstandard modeā€ since it will probably operate long term in this mode without a step-down.

Jim

Thatā€™s a smoking good price on an awesome host. Iā€™ve got one and love it. Unfortunately, I canā€™t justify another p60, so Iā€™m not in. (And fwiw, itā€™s easy to do a switch-ectomy to get rid of the forward clicky.)

Is this one still on? If so I would be in for one. Thanks for putting this together.

Iā€™d be in for a P1d :slight_smile:

A black one!

Voted!

Yeah same here. I really like the look of the black. So stealthy!

Was just about to order a L2T when I saw the poll for this. Going have to wait and see if this is going to go threw. I have a very sweet triple xpg2 mule looking for a home!

we will see if there is enough interest... so far its not looking too good

the gray one looks bad@$$

Sorry if I missed a number, but how many do you need?

havent really got a number yet. if the number of yes votes gets to a point where i think solarforce will give us an at wholesale price, ill let you guys know

Itā€™s a fantastic host, beefy and solid with some tactical edge to it that could come in real handy. But for one thingā€¦that tail cap with the protruding switch I have found to be bad news. Forward or reverse I donā€™t care, but with no protection around the clicky itself itā€™s far too easy to get an accidental on situation. Weā€™ve had it happen. Light was on in my wifeā€™s bag inside her locker at work for a couple of hours. If the bad luck wouldā€™ve broke the other way sheā€™d have missed her break and weā€™d have been in trouble with the hospital for blowing up the dressing room. After that, I even went so far as to create a clear tube holder for my wife to carry it in her bag, but you can give the tube a quick shake and the light is on after hitting the tail end. That alone is a huge negatory for me. Love the build, the style the dark grey HAIII, excellent light. With that one great big strike against it.

If theyā€™d redesign the tail or offer an option Iā€™d be all over it.

But as it is, not for me.

Eh, the protruding switch has itā€™s ups and downs. I personally prefer a protruding switch just for ease of access. Protected switches can be a pain if the guard completely surrounds it like on the Solarforce L2P. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Either way, I hope this group buy actually goes down because I would love to have a P1d in grey for cheap. I already have a black one on the way and I am very excited to get it.

This oneā€™s in my wifeā€™s hands, what can I say? Hard to know which light will work best for someone that doesnā€™t give a crap about their operation. She getā€™s off late night and a hot light is a good thing, but like her car she doesnā€™t pay much mind to maintenance.

Out of curiosity, what do those fancy drop-ins cost linked earlier in the thread?

rated at 980 lumens and able to run on 1 or 2 18650ā€™s for 16.99 on sale at the Solarforce sales site.

980 lumens is a lot of heat to dissipate for a P60. You probably couldnā€™t run that for very long.

I know they cost about 3x as much, but the P60ā€™s from EDC+ such as the X60L XM-L2 U2 is rated at 530 OTF ANSI lumens, pulls 1.5A, is made from a single, solid piece of aluminum, have no PWM, and has the driver and internals thermally potted. The Solarforce drop ins are just your bog standard screw-together P60 with crap thermal properties. If you are going to get the best P60 host on the market, get a nice P60 for it as well. I genuinely believe the EDC+ drop-ins are worth the extra money.

http://edcplus.com/edcplus-x60l-1mode-cool-white-u2-cree-xml2-dropin-for-surefir-p-176.html