Poorly performing FandyFire STL-V6

Hi Gords1001,

Did you mean use a C8 body with a STL-V6 head?

I had read somewhere that someone did that and liked the results I already have 5 of these light’s and may turn one of them into an EDC, have even thought of buying more just to mess around with but I am making someone very unhappy with all these flashlight purchases even though I keep saying they are budget light’s and not the expensive high-end lights…hehe

Right now for EDC I have a killer UltraFire C8 that has an XM-L2 in it that’s throws better than my ZY-T13….and close to the STL-V6 only issue I have with it is it has a greenish/yellowish tint compared to the solid bright white tint of my other c8’s but it is so bright and not to sure how I got so lucky to get such a different C8 then the rest of the ones I have seen.

Got it from a private auction on ebay for only $9.99 shipped to.

That light is nowhere near 1,770 and has bad PWM on the lower modes, I understand. More like 900-something stock (certain members here can speak more authoritatively about it than I can). But there are threads I don’t have links to at the moment where it has been turned into a monster mod project.

Don’t get taken by these high lumen claims, as they are everywhere on Chinese sites. The tested and true stuff reviewed on this forum will not steer you wrong. Then again, you can always take turns being a guinea pig and testing some lights along with the rest of us! :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL,I am very aware of the lumen claims on these Chinese lights being overrated Just like my Trustfire AK-47….stamped right on it’s body it say’s “11,000 lumens….lol” I have realized these false claims for sometime realisticly that AK-47 might give slightly over 1000 lumen’s if I had to make a guess maybe someone on this site has some exact number’s but I know that light probably can’t be over 2000 lumen’s.

As for that other no-name light I bought I realized I was going to be a guinea pig when I bought it and I will be sure to let you and everyone else know how well it does…I do not know as much about light’s as you Joe or a lot of the other member’s here but I can do some camparison’s and beam shot’s and let you all know….if it can give similar performance to a Fandyfire STL-V6 but give much better run-times then it could be a great deal for other’s to get…if it ends up being garbage I will be sure to let you all know that to.

When I first saw that light what caught my attention was the XM-L2 LED then it’s ability to hold three 18650’s and then finaly it’s smooth deep reflector……what I hope to get out of that light is a 800-1000 lumen light with good run-times….that was what I was hoping for when I hit “order” :slight_smile: 1,770 lumen’s never once crossed my mind as being a possibility.

You could probably find a 26650 light which tube fits for increased runtime. Or just buy better batteries. This light should run two hours or so….
——
I had issues with electrical connections between tube and pill, it sometimes changed modes on them-self…

I added a piece of wire which solved this issues perfectly. Just drilled a hole in the ring and bend a piece of wire in form…
(I would post a photo if imageshack wouldn’t suck right now…)

Another hint the AR coated lens for srk from cnq fits this stlv6.

For the other light which you call 3x 18650 hd2010.
This is well known here:

Thankyou Werner for the advice :slight_smile: