Portable 12v electric air pump for tires... Any gems out there under $50?

fwiw, I used my Avid to raise my four tires pressure by 5 psi each. The unit has been sitting in my car, unused for several months, it worked fine.

I could see the battery level after the inflation was less than half, so I took it into the house and recharged it. That took 5 hours.

It is also possible to charge it while driving, plugged into the cig socket… but I dont have any plans to drive that long. :wink:

I like the auto shut off feature when filling tires, it stops at the level I had stored, 34psi… it actually reads low but I have a separate tire gauge, and my target inflation of 38 psi was achieved.

Temperatures here have dropped below freezing, my tires tend to lose pressure due to the shift from summer heat to winter cold. Im getting ready for Ski Season… we just got first snow on the mountain…

My Avid seemed to be a bust. I’ve bought a couple of batt only pumps that are more expensive 1 & 2 (but were a good vipon deal at the time) and fit easily on my 26x4 tire bike. I’ve been impressed.
I noticed a slow leak on the way to work but disregarded it until the end of the day when the tire was totally flat. Used this for a bit until the pressure was high enough to speed home…no problem but as I said it was a slow leak. I think it took less than 5 min to get up to pressure.

Interesting. It took mine about 6 hours to fully charge from near empty

Really? I thought that the AC line was only for running the pump, not charging it. Of course, I can’t find my manual anywhere… and there’s no electronic copy of it to be found online.

The auto-shutoff is extremely useful. I start filling air in one tire while I go to the others to check their levels. Usually I can check 1 or 2 by the time the filling is done with one tire. I’ve found mine got more accurate over time. Originally it used to overshoot by 2 PSI. Now it’s like 0.5 or 1 PSI.

Nice. What mountain do you go to? I really miss skiing… the feel of the snow beneath the boards, the rush of cool air, the speed. Magical!

Over in the [Amazon Deals….] there there has been some good discussion on a small battery operated tire compressor.
Here’s my addition: Yamctopy Portable Tire Inflator
Got mine for $11. Scant risk, seems to run OK initially. Tentatively impressed.
Filled up 17” car tire from 35psi>40psi in 2:45.

Starts on page 227, post 6825.

I have to wonder with some of these names like Yamctopy, if the phonetic sound matches a Chinese word or phrase that sounds good in their culture… and since they’ve got so many customers in mainland China, they aren’t the least bit concerned if their brand name sounds bizarre or off-putting to Americans.

Yamcopy. Potatofax. Blowpi. Gosohot.