Powder Coated Lights and accessories thread

matt black S2+ , no clip, a 5000k hcri led possible ?.
I’ll buy!.

I’d make all my lights orange if I could!

Please PM me the price for a 18650 size S2+, XML-2, T4 7A, 4* 7135 driver, flashlight orange color. Thanks

OP updated with 18650 S2+!

Even better!

Solarforce Bezel in Orange!

!!

Looking good!

Is powder coating more durable vs Cerakote or regular anodization? What about thickness?

To be fair I’m not sure, I looked into how tough powder coating is, and it seems it up there at the top.

check out the tests on youtube, it beats anodising by miles for durability Check out video here

It is slightly thicker than anodising, but it also depends on how thick you put it on, (i.e how much powder you spray on it)

Well look at you go! :smiley:

I see someone doesn’t have to wait on Simon to make an orange S2+ happen. Love that black clip too. Brilliant design there. :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Those are beautiful! Orange and black make a wonderful color combo. One of my favorites. Sometimes you Brits show real talent. :smiley:

No hanging about :wink:

more colours soon!

Thanks!

Black and orange or yellow is my favourite combo I think!

copper colour coat for me !!

I think I can get antique copper or copper, but I’m pretty sure it’s not shiny like real copper

still nice , a thanks a lot!.
this could be a big thing for 3tronics, all this coating stuff.
you’ve certainly got my interest!.
cheers from London.

Hopefully!

See how it goes, problem is the expense!

Wonder if that’s the reason there’s hardly any powder coaters for small parts :person_facepalming:

More pics added, orange C8, 2 tone orange and black C8

getting a smoother finish now I’ve practiced a bit!

I’ve also been coating the threads, I was covering them and leaving them anodised, but the powder coat feels just as smooth, and that before I’ve put any silicone lube on!

It also looks better cosmetically all being one colour

OP updated with more colours!

Thrunite T30 in blue

!!

I’ve been asked a few times now:

Does powder coating cover up the logos? Brand names?

Yes, it does, it leaves a smooth finish, you’d never know there was ever a logo there