Powerex MH-C9000 - Concerns over [ overcharging ]

From memory its was a once off ...

The eneloops seem to be functioning just fine , one pair in a camera , the other two in AA lights , so far no other issues

Thanks ;)!

I have 2 - C9000's (1st bought on 12/2009) and haven't had any problems whatsoever [knock on wood ]. IMO, the C9000 is still the best nimh aa/aaa charger out there. It would be nice though if Maha made a li-ion version of the C9000.

Why? Charging Li-Ions is easy as hell, there’s no need for electronics as sophisticated and expensive as you can find in C9000 for any rechargeable Lithium chemistries.

Why? Because I want one!

Well ok, there you go, then:

Does NiMH/NiCd's as good as C9000, and Li-Ion's/LiFe's/SLA's as good as you can get (basically it always uses perfect charging algorithms)

I've been thinking about getting one for a long time now. What do you use for a power supply? Link? Thanks.

I use this:

http://www.buyincoins.com/details/12v-4a-lcd-monitor-adapter-power-supply-acer-benq-aoc-product-1988.html

But you can use any 12V - 18V adapter with compatible plug (5.5x2.5mm, e.g. laptop charger)

Oh ok, I think I have a couple of them somewhere around the house. Thanks.

Just make sure it's output power is enough (e.g. charging a battery at 4.2V 5A requires 21 watt of power, make sure you use a brick rated 30W or higher.. et cetera). If you don't have any powerful bricks on hand, just use smaller charging currents.