Powerful DIY search light with external power source

Hi

This is my first post here. I recently discovered the forum and have been reading and participating in group buys.

I’m a member of a volunteer search and rescue organization and I would like to build a powerful handheld search light.
So far in missions I have been using bike lights (magicshine,lightandmotion) to some success but since I have a lithium ebike battery I’m not currently using I thought it would be ideal to use it to power a powerful flashlight

The battery is 48v 10ah. I have a dc-dc converter from 48v to 12v that I use to power 12v gadgets.
I noticed the new cree leds like the xhp70 and xhp50 run on 12v so wouldn’t it be ideal to use those ?

Does anyone have suggestions for the build or know of any components that would be good to use ?
host ?
driver ?

Best regards,
Arnar

How about a 9000 lumen HID conversion?

^ have to second Flash. For a small investment, HID will give you tons of light with relative high efficiency and low cost. In the US, you can pick up a big ol used Cyclops Thor Colossus used for under $30. Usually, the battery is dead. Here is a link to a new one (Don't know the vendor). Pull out the big SLA battery and charger and you have tons of room for HID ballast. It will be a throw monster and have nice color rendition if you go for 4300K tint.

The HID bulbs are almost a drop in, but you will need to shim to get good focus. Wiring is very simple. Just battery positive and negative with one of the stock switches on one of the in between. There are tons of 55watts HiD conversion kits on the market for low cost. Don't get one of the bulbs that has high and low beams. You will get very ugly beam pattern with those.

Best wishes and welcome to the forum lightmog.