powerfull Hid thrower needed

LED is the way to go. Else your colleague will show you his TK75 on and off 10 times in 1 minutes. Beat him in LED will win easier. But BTU won’t get you there as when he compare his user interface, clear AR lens and battery carrier with your BTU, your BTU will be like sub standard flashligth. BTU throw better, but TK75 flood better. So can only compare their cosmetic appearance and material used at the end. Just my view on this.

why are you makin me cry this late at night …sob sob :weary:

Actually what happen? I was so surprised you bought a BTU, you were not happy with BTU.

I know the feeling. But I somehow manage to get control on it or I thought. I was thinking to get 6 XinTD C8 U3 and glue them together so that I got a 5000+ lumens light instead of buying Olight X6. I still have this idea in my mind.

the x6 marouder would have been in my hands if it was around $200 :money_mouth_face:

cough cough

nice racks i dont care about flashlights anymore throws on those racks ? :slight_smile:

No offense, but you started a thread titled powerful HID needed. I tried to help you the best I could with the info I gave you. Then you go and buy a BTU shocker. I guess I’m confused.

But we will try this again. The POB lights aren’t made anymore. But there are other HID lights like it that I believe that are still being made. But they are pretty expensive. The last one I seen if they are in fact still being made that resembles the POB was $200.

I just bought a FireFoxes FF3 40watt HID that for its size is probably one of the most powerful lights made. But they aren’t cheap.

A TN31 will out throw the TK75 as well. But if your really wanting to beat your friend, a good HID light would make him put up his TK75. I tried to tell you this earlier when you started this thread.

The rest is up to you.

But I do understand that a guy has a right to change his mind. But now you seem to be going back looking for a HID. Just get you a good one, and you won’t regret it.

I actually have to agree with Brad somewhat on this one. If you are trying to visually beat your Friends TK75, I doubt the BTU will do it. Don’t get me wrong - as most know I’m a BIG BTU fan. And I think it’s a superior light over the TK75. But if you have two guys standing out in a field or where ever shining the two side by side, I don’t know if you will notice the 400 lumen and 100m gain that the BTU gives you.
If you were really trying beat you buddy, then a HID might be the answer. But not with the with the 85wt eBay style HID’s. Too big, slow warmup time, and not much of improvement on the TK75. And not the POB either. The POB is a VERY impressive HID - throws awesome and has tons of output - but it’s a monster in size. You can’t pull out a duffle bag sized light to compare with a TK75. Kinda of like David and Goliath, but with Goliath killing David - doesn’t work.
I think Brad would agree that something like his newly acquired Fire-Foxes FF3 would be the ticket. With numbers in the 4000otf and 225Kcd, it has enough power to NOTICEABLY beat the TK75. And just as important, its compact, actually smaller than the TK75.
Of course you have the usually HID drawbacks of warmup time and usually a being bit more fragile light. I think the FF3 is suppose to warmup in about 15sec. Also you are not suppose to turn them off and on again quickly.
So you have a little dilemma there my friend. I promise as a powerhouse light you won’t regret the BTU - it is the best throwing, highest power, compact LED light on the market - bar none. And yes better than the TK75 in both aspects. But enough so that your friend will admit defeat? Likely not. They say it takes almost double the lumens to easily notice a victor. I think thats an exaggeration, but it does take a good percentage increase none the less. On the other hand a FF3 HID should offer enough power and throw increase to notice, but the warmup time and lack of instant on and off as desired, might kill its winner position too.
I guess you could show up with a BTU in one hand and a FF3 in the other - you might be a little poorer - but you will have the best of both works and you WILL impressive your colleague for sure.

Trust me a 85watt HID 4300K ebay flashlight will smoke a TK75 for throw. I know how my 85watts will whip the TN31’s I have. And a TN31 will beat a TK75 for throw by a decent margin. A 85watt 4300K HID flashlight will put out around 185,000 lux. A TK75 will do half that. So do the math.

85watt HID 4300k flashlight at 445yds man 2 sec exposure f/4 ISO 400

I’m with you there that the 85wt hid will beat the tk75 eBay enough. But visually I don’t know if this guy he’s talking about will notice or admit to noticing the difference in 600m vs 800m we are talking about. And the lumens are more too, but possibly not enough that its easily noticeable. But the main negative is the size - that light is to big for a fair match. Wouldn’t you think the FF3 would be a better comparison? Should have as much throw as th 85wt light, has more lumens, and most important, its very compact. Though it is about double the money.
I’m not trying to knock the 85wt HID’s. For the money, no light of any form can touch it in output and throw per dollar. But I just think the large size, along with the negatives any hid has, will lose him points in the comparison with the tk75. The 85wt light is a light to be compared to lights like the tk70, sr90, sr95ut, etc.
Just my opinion - but if you want a HID to compete (and beat) a tk75, then a Fire-Foxes FF3 is the obvious choice. Come on Brad, you have to agree with that??
Now the BTU is a very fair comparison to the tk75. Both have advantages and disadvantages. BTU has more power and throw. TK75 looks better, has AR lens, and has the more practical side clicky. And so on - the pluses and minus can go on. Enough so that most tk75 or most BTU owners will never feel they have the inferior light. Kinda like a Chevy vs Ford debate.

thanks guys for for the help! YOUR HID PICTURES MAKE MEE DROOL ILF !!! i am sorry for jumping on the btu on a hid thread .but you all knew i was crazyy the moment you met me J)
i made this comparison chart .its kinda simple chart but i think you learned flashlights folks should make similar ones since itl be soo easy for the newbies like me to understand whats its all about . does this chart give an accurate information ? if not i shal remove it. i know there will be corrections…

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME SINCE WAS DRUNK WHEN I BOUGHT THE BTU .IF SHE LOOKS STRONG ,SHE MUST BE STRONG :heart_eyes:

This is somthing that i was looking for .somthing fancy smanshy
with 1KM throw

now looking at these ebay plungers .they look too simple and probably may be unreliable

these would make me look like an idiot ??? or like Arnold … IM backk >) when i bring it out in the parking lot where we have show downs

The Firefoxes FF3 40W mini has me impressed !!!fronty is right. this is perfect in size. and i love that it uses the 18650.only if the price makes me sad :frowning:

US$270.00 (Free shipping worldwide)

The problem you have is your colleague has a TK75 that is difficult to beat. This light is a well designed package.
You can try Jetbeam DDR30. It is smaller in size, using U3, rechargeable, and many features TK75 don’t have.

we compete simply on light ouput only .whose got the brightest .he is a complete newbie .has no clue what lux or lumen is .just keeps saying “ahahaha mine is brighter ”
i just need somthing brighter or with similar output .i dont care if its a glowing stick :wink: .if it brighter ,he will start crying and make my day :bigsmile:

He is so newbie? Then just ignore him for god’s sake.

Kidding.
Get DRY at Turbo 5A. Don’t tell him it will over heat.