Pre-Built LED Tail Cap Buttons for Convoys

I love the illuminated tail cap buttons found on the Astrolux models, but I’d rather have them on a basic tube like the Convoy S2.

I really would prefer not to build my own.

Does Astrolux sell the tail caps separate?

The illuminated tailcap is not exactly a drop-in, a bleeder resistor must be placed on the driver. I think there was one case where a member just swapped tailcaps between BLF X5 & astrolux version and it worked, not sure how.

Well I had the tail installed in a Convoy C8 (from the Cometa with the driver and led so all parts were there) but it didn’t work properly
When I find the time to swap the parts of the Kronos X6 and the recently received eagle eye X6 I will try the tail PCB in the C8 again
But indeed without proper components on the driver the taillight will do nothing
I would love Banggood to sell driver and assembled lighted tailpcb combo!

If you care for a long read, this is the thread to find everything on how to build one:

In summary, you need to solder an extra resistor on the driver (and not all drivers are suitable for use with an illuminated tailcap!), order a ring shaped bare circuit board on Oshpark, buy the components to populate the board (0805 size leds, resistors), solder them on the board, wire the board to the tailswitchboard, and finally add the transparant tailcap. For a S2 you need a 16mm transparant tailcap, they can be ordered from Simon:

I would build you a switch with your preferred driver, but the cost of parts, shipping, and enough to cover my costs may not be worth it. Where on the Great Lakes?

Do you mean these? :smiley:

not all drivers need a bleeder resistor and it’s depending on the current draw from LED vs tail cap led current.

:innocent:

^ Is that your way of saying that Simon will have lit tailcaps soon? :sushi:

I missed this thread til now.

Nic, you went 0-60 quick! You were just asking how to do it in May! I think you might have more of them than anybody else. I personally only have 5 or 6 of them.