Pretty picky user wants a multi-LED, Multi-18650...

I’m getting a bit picky, when I choose a keeper for myself.

I could use a 3 or more emitter flashlight with 3 or more 18650.

BUT, it should not have:

-Visible PWM, if any
-Battery rattle
-Preferrably no strobes / strobes hidden
-Other generally annoying issues or manufacturing flaws…

It SHOULD have:

-I like side-clicky on bigger lights
-Decent output, even when stock.
-Capability to use even protected batteries
-XM-L. If 1st gen, then neutral is mandatory, preferrably XM-L2 neut.
-Nice low. Nice beam (throw/flood not that important.)

• Good form, easy to hold. If pocketable to jacket pocket, even better. It does not have to be huge.

Things I don’t care:

- How fast it heats up. Irrelevant, since I will use it only outdoors in longer terms.

• Water resistance or IP-classification, just no need…

Hmm. Blackshadow terminator?

Under 100 bucks, NW option, 4 XM-L, side clicky, hidden strobe, protected batts OK, nice finish, good handle, pocketability.

I think the ONLY thing it doesn’t hit on your list is PWM…BUT its not visible according to the reviewers, but its subjective to the user.

Bonus - battery indicator that can act as a firefly mode.

That’s the first one that came to mind for me.

It would be difficult (not impossible) to find a pocketable light with 3 emitters/batteries. No?

How about a two emitter light like the MAXToch DX21? In tx shooter’s review he mentions this light would work well…at least in a jacket pocket. I’m still waiting on mine to be delivered…so I can’t attest to the quality…but when the dive version comes out it should have about 2k lumens.

Black shadow / Fandyfire Darth maybe? 3x 18650 with 3x XM-L U2 and pretty darn small for what it is, although the PWM isn’t supposed to be the best I’m not sure how noticeable it is in reality.

Pocketability is not that important.
I would still like it to be more like SRK = all emitters and reflectors behind one glass. Also without handle.

Preferrably with memory, parasitic drain is also an issue since im not a frequent user.

Maxtoch does not look bad but I would like it to have 3-4 18650.

Darth… I had already forgotten that one!
Too bad it seems to ude pretty obvious PWM on low modes.

Zebralight afaik makes the 3 x xml model without PWM but the price is getting a bit high…

TK75

Done

The ZebraLight S6330 would be my pick if it weren’t so damn expensive! I borrowed one of these once, and it was the BEST multi-emitter light I have ever used. Incredibly small, and compact, AWESOME output, and the best mode/groups of ANY light I have ever used. Once again, too bad its WAY $$$, and only a XML-U3 option. :_(

Sounds like you need to build or mod your own, to get exactly what you want.Wink

Or change emitter in Solarstorm/Black Shadow Darth :wink:

I did not know it had U3 as only option, thanks!

I have had a ZL headlamp and SC50. UI is spot on for me with that low-low.
199USD is getting a bit pricey I have to say but I checked HKEquipment and Zebralight.com: no stock.

It seems so, yes…
But: I have also been thinking of forgetting some specs and just get a High-Lumen triple with bad-everything to one hand and to other hand, a ZL SC600 Mk II with warm tint.

Have you considered a MT-G2 light?

Well, not yet. But I have tested one Eagle Tac with MT-G very recently and it was goofd IMO…

Im looking for a compact 2000 lumen plus 18650 flashlight i saw this on dx what do you think?

http://dx.com/p/tangspower-fing-5-x-cree-xm-l-u2-3000lm-3-mode-white-flashlight-black-1-4-x-18650-252925

looks mighty bright for the money

thanks

Looks like a SRK clone to me. I still need to get one of these lights.

OK.

This does not seem to lead anywhere, so I have been checking things like MTG Eagletac.
Nice size and power but UI is a bit …

6 x Nichia Eagletac would probably be nice also but there goes the budget.

Where to get bes SRK or such?

This ended up so, that I ordered a SRK “Kung” from eBay.
Seller sent me a basic SRK with not 4 but 3 emitters, wrong color and it seems obviously to be used before.
Sending it back.

Oh bugger……………………. :weary:
Now what?

Looks like this flashlight sold for new $200, guess it was high priced.