Problem with Convoys Bistro mini/Biscotti driver

I recently bought a Convoy s2+ directly from Simon on Aliexpress with the new biscotti driver, it worked perfectly for a day but then the I began to notice the problems with this driver. The first problem was that it got stuck in a super dim mode, and no matter how many times I short tapped the button it wouldn’t enter the config mode or change mode. The problem went away after a while though, but now it’s back again, and stuck in the highest mode. Same thing now, no matter how many times i short tap the button it won’t go into configuration mode or change mode.

The thing is that his store is closed (chinese new year) so I can’t ask for a replacement yet, but I just wanted to check here if there is any possible solutions to this problem? if not, have any of you received faulty units from Simon/Convoy? did they replace it without alot of hassle?

Those drivers run too fast, because a fuse in programming is set wrong.
His shop is closed because of chineese new year.
I did flash the bistro mini with correct fuse on my C8 today, after I ordered for less than 6€ the stuff to programm those little Amtel uC

Not sure if it makes sense that you ship the driver to me in Germany cost wise it costs me 1.5€ to ship the driver back to you when the spring is unsoldered

Programming the driver takes less than a minute

What do I need to flash it so it works correctly? Is it easy enough so even I could do it? I have very little experience in programming.

The fuse/clock-speed problem explains why it won’t go into program mode. However as someone pointed out on Reddit the fuse problem doesn’t really explain why it won’t change modes. I can’t cook up any theories that link the fuse problem to the failure to changes modes. There could very well be more wrong with that driver than an incorrect fuse.

The uC inside is an ATtiny13A? if you don’t mind could kindly share the code with me?

I bought a Convoy S2+ Desert Sand (pre-installed with Biscotti) from Simon’s Convoy AliExpress store.
I notice it’s running too fast (using ToyKeeper’s method of setting to bike flasher mode and counting, I count 115 times in 60 seconds)
(in contrast, I also have a Convoy C8 Clear also with Biscotti, that only counts 55 times bike flasher in 60 seconds)

So the Biscotti in the Convoy C8 Clear is normal, whereas the Biscotti in the Convoy S2+ is running twice as fast.
Is there some way to fix the Convoy S2+ so it runs at normal speed?

The easiest thing to do is to flash it again.

Can some one link the cable that is needed to program the driver pleaseeee?

cable or the connector needed for the smd micro controller?

link to aliexpress

I though that all of the Desert Tan models from Convoy’s AliExpress were using the newer version of Biscotti (runs at correct speed and 8/16Hz strobe)? Obviously not the case. When did you order it?

Thread about flashing drivers:

in case it’s useful to anyone here.

The firmwase is calles biscotti
http://toykeeper.net/torches/hunter/biscotti.c

USB programmer
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-ISP-USBASP-Programmer-for-ATMEL-51-AVR-Programmer-M80/301723694845?hash=item46402236fd:g:L6sAAOSwuMFUjQCX

Clip
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-SOIC8-SOP8-Flash-Chip-IC-Test-Clips-Socket-Adpter-BIOS-Programmer/332419828695?hash=item4d65c40bd7:g:BCwAAOSwy6VZwxxZ

Thank you very much. :+1:

I won’t be needing the USB programmer since I will be using my Arduino as an ISP to upload the modified code.

My Convoy S2+ Desert Sand (with the running-too-fast Biscotti driver) was ordered from Simon’s AliExpress Convoy store last Sept 1, 2017, received the flashlight last week of September.

Does re-flashing the driver require any soldering?
Or just need to “clip” it to the flashlight’s head (in the case of the Convoy S2+) and then upload with the USB programmer?

I might try to order the mentioned USB programmer and see if I can do it. I have very very poor soldering skills…

If you’re already poor at soldering skills then it will be really tough to work with the smd microcontroller.

Thankfully the clip can latch onto the mcu without needing to desolder it.

I have the same issue with my Convoy C8 clear XPL HI 7135x8 supposingly with biscotti firmware. stuck at 1 (low) mode. After testing to connect the negative terminal battery to the body a few times, it was still in low mode. After putting back the tail cap, now the light wont turn on at all. can anyone recommend a driver i should get (with links from gearbest/fastech etc.) that is stable and will work with my led? I dont really need that many modes anyways…. just a stable one with 3-5modes is good enough.

Go for the BLF A6 driver from Banggood.

They use it on Atrolux C8 and also BLF A6. It’s a tried and tested driver that works. It has two mode groups with one having 7 modes and the other having 4 modes.

Noted. Thank you !