Problem with Gearbest shipment / back to asking for recommendations

Either way they will make good on your order.

This checkbox option is known in the industry as the
“would you like to pay an extra fee” checkbox. :money_mouth_face:

The package has a trackable number regardless.
They will replace it regardless.

Some sites have an extra fee and checkbox for “expedited processing”
usually costing $2 extra or so. It’s just a ruse to get 2 extra dollars.
Tested this with a buddy, one of us paid the $2, one of us didn’t,
both arrived same day. He immediately implemented the same option
on his own ecommerce website. Earned him an extra $6,000 the first year. :wink:

I did a lot orders fastest was a Jetbeam that came after 5days slowest 10 weeks.

I did notice that a lot orders now come to Germany and get here the Label with my shipping address, below is a chineese label but no sign of my address on it.
They probably put as much orders in one big parcel and that gets here opened and relabeled for shipping.

Ever had an order from China arrive in about a week? I have. I must have ordered the same day they reached their order quantity to get their shipping discount. It’s happened a few times actually.

I used to work in a fulfillment center and you’d be surprised the discount given to mass shippers vs “retail” rates.
Those overnight and express packages are a gold mine for bulk shippers.
An you thought QVC and HSN made their money off of selling products ??? :wink:

Me too! Fastest one ever was ordered on a Saturday and received the following Thursday.
Shipped from Shanghai via DHL express.

Me too but it was something really small like S2/A6 O rings and a micro usb plug.
My last order from china was completed a few days after an order from the usa, only a few states over and the stuff from china beat the stuff from Colorado. Sometimes you get lucky :slight_smile: sometimes you just wait…………and wait.

Hahaha true
I always choose untracked thus free shipping and one item ( rarely 2) per order.
This is handy in case of a problem then only talk about 1 item
And it creates more packages so quota reached sooner :smiley:

I know from experience that the average delivery time from China to Scotland is about 3 weeks. It varies wildly, though. I placed a whole stack of EBay orders in November / December and the first item dropped through the letterbox in ten days. It ramped up until about 3 weeks, then slowly tailed off, although there were still a fair few things coming in at 4 weeks.

However.

About 10% of my stuff didn’t show up for at least 8 weeks, with the slowest package taking bang on 10 weeks. I was all set to file an EBay case on that last one, because Buyer Protection was about to run out and the seller was stalling on a refund, but fortunately, the package arrived on the very day I would have filed the case.

No missing packages in the end, but some pretty impressive delivery times at both ends of the spectrum!

Now for comparison, that VG10 arrived in just 13 days from the time of order. If all stuff from China would arrive this quickly, I’d probably be buying a lot more of it. :slight_smile:

I know this is wishful thinking….but someday (for those of us in the USA) I hope most of us are ordering all our goodies from another state…not another country

I know….wishful thinking
I can only imagine what would have to take place before that could become reality.

I have a GB order that was placed the day before Thanksgiving. It is still listed as sitting in the PostNL facility. I really am tired of this crap, KD and Banggood are faster, but still not fast.

Then we would have to remove the word ‘budget’ from the name of this forum. :slight_smile:

It could be a reality if our new president gets his way. It might also kill BLF since EVERY discussion topic on this forum involves something imported from Asia at a relatively discounted price.

Keep your chin up, Matt. Finally got my order in today - ordered Nov 29th. It’s probably on its way to you. Although mine has been showing in US Customs since December 11th (and still does; just checked it!). Here’s hoping you can light it up tomorrow!!

Joe

I still didn’t get my order. How about you guys?