Project Genesis

Yeah, a Lamborghini is budget too then… :wink:

Wow… just wow.

I’ve missed so many of Vinh’s terrific builds in the past, learning about them only after the fact. With various emitter and power cell achievements reached of late, it seems like this is a good time to invest in a flexible technology light such as the Genesis. I like the fact that the firmware can be revised over time. A truly capable host that can be upgraded when the need arises.

Subscribed and anticipating!

We are talking about chargers in parallel to the battery and driver, not in line. It is impossible for it to interfere with current draw this way.

Even shorting cells, or overcharging them, it is extremely rare for them to vent or explode. They usually just heat up. People exaggerate how dangerous cylindrical cells are.
A good charging circuit will do neither. If the flashlight is partially open while charging (eg half unscrewed) there is no risk of explosion from venting either.

Nobody is talking about charging bricks. Those flashlights with power bricks for built in charging which someone mentioned earlier are completely irrelevant to USB charging.

All USB ports output 5V.
Phone chargers with quickcharge and other technologies have the ability to increase the voltage output to 9V, 20V or stuff like that, but that only happens when the charger communicates with the device and confirms that the device is capable.
They do not output 9V or 20V all the time, they output 5V.
Same for the USB ports on power banks, laptops, desktop computers, airports, cars, etc.

To the people buying 2-10 million dollar cars, they certainly are.

Turns out Rev 1 will have more tweaks than I thought. Cant wait to see the next iteration. Hopefully just 1 Rev is all we need. :slight_smile:

Hahaha! I had the same thought when I read “Project Genesis” :disappointed:

Here’s a glimpse of this project:

subscribed

looking forward to the production version details, seems great so far!

I am definitely interested!!