Promo Code for PF01/PF02 and ask reviewers for PF04

Flashy modes are only good if they're "hidden" by long or multiple (4+) half presses.

also you should start a new thread for different product promotions, I almost didn't see the work light because I thought this thread was still for the pf01 and pf02

I haven’t been online in quite a while, but I have the lights ready for review. Hopefully in the next week or so I can get it put together and posted.

Now, we can use 145lm/w led chip for outdoor light.Mostly for power above 50W.

Sorry, I don’t know.

Does the PF01 have visible PWM pattern?

Lot’s of slow PWM on low modes.

Oh you already have one? Man, slow PWM frequency is a deal breaker for me considering there is seemingly no any good driver at this small size to swap with. :frowning:

Other than the slow PWM do you find it okay overall (i.e. build quality, beam pattern, tint…)?

Oh, I still love the light and carry it everyday. Just being honest about the PWM, doesn’t bother me but I know some people it effects them.
I did a review on it here;

HTH
Thanks,
Keith

Actually, there are a couple of small drivers available. Mountain Electronics carries 10mm drivers, or you could build one from the Oshpark thread. There is a tiny10 that uses 105C driver components, or Teeny10 that is only a contact board and a pad for a single 7135. Then, there are a couple different direct drive 10mm drivers as well. I think all of these are also available in 12mm, except for the Teeny10. Everything you could ask for. :wink:

Keith, thanks for the sharing, I will read your review later. :slight_smile: There are not a lot of options when it comes to pen style lights with good modes at budget price range.

DavidEF, thanks for the guide man, I didn’t look into pen style lights before this so I didn’t know these are existed. Still thinking if I am going to buy the PF02, beside this I am also not sure that if the driver is easily accessible.

I don’t know about the PF02, but when I was looking at the PF01 on Amazon.com, one of the reviews mentioned that it is very easy to take apart for modding. :wink:

This pic is from freeme as seen on post #369 here; Promo Code for PF01/PF02 and ask reviewers for PF04
This is pic of the 1st version of the PF01 when the heads were glued, they come apart fairly easy now in version 2.

As you can see it sits in the tube sideways and has the spring connected to the end. So, replacing it could be tricky.
If you are going to use the PF02 I strongly suggest you try a 10440 with a dummy cell, it works great and all modes function properly.
It is of course brighter but has not gotten too hot at all. And it has less weight this way.
HTH
Keith

Thanks to both of you guys. :beer:

If you have both of the PF01 and PF02 I guess you can simply interchange their head? This way you can run a single 10440 with the PF02 head, while running the PF01 head with two AAA batteries - this is exactly what I do with my Hugsby XP-1 and XP-2, best of both world method!

PF01 now available for $10 with free KL01. Details at slickdeals.net.

http://slickdeals.net/f/8157352-thorfire-pf01-tactical-led-flashlight-cree-xp-e2-led-mini-edc-penlight-pocket-flashlight-w-clip-keychain-flashlight-10-free-ship-with-prime-or-on-orders-over-35

Link fixed.

edit - Also, about half the folks at Slickdeals are idiots, apparently.

edit 2 - Deal’s dead, the KL01 is sold out. Coupon still works for the PF01 for $10 or the PF02 for $11.

Thanks for sharing the deal. Some folks at slickdeals always think all the xxxFire lights are junk. I know the name “ThorFire” is not very good, but there is nothing I can do except making affordable but great lights. Would be great if you can tell them. :bigsmile:

The post was expired since the KL01 sold out, the deal will be posted again after a few days. The code is active during these days.

thanks for sharing!

Is your TG06 going to be on sale anytime soon? I have one of the first versions and would like to try the improved version.

Yes, it will be on sale soon.

Damn is there no international site I can get your products? :frowning: