Protected 18650 batteries, Trustfire 3000 or Samsung 2600

Right now I can pay about the same price for Trustfire 3000mAh (Flame) or Samsung 2600mAh (26F) batteries.
I’m switching from flattop to button top batteries, for my Skyray Kings, so need about 16 batteries.
The Trustfires only take about 4 days to arrive (from California seller) and the Samsung’s will take 10-14 days (From Banggood) to arrive.
Can’t decide which batteries to get?

Be prepared for a lot of ‘Samsung’ votes

Put some Solder blobs on the top of what you have. I have about a 50% success rate with trustfires.

Or more seriously if you do the research how many **fire batteries do you hear of with “disappointing” performance (what ever that means to you). vs the number of stories of bad samsung cells.

Answer that, and you have answered your question.

Samsung, of course!

50% success rate with Trustfires, that’s the kind of facts I’m looking for.

oh as an FYI I have 16 used “good” laptop pulls I can send you today

SPUS18650GR

I have charged them all and used a few (they work fine) If you want me to put a drop of solder on the top I can, (that’s what I had to do to run them in my new Nitecore) P36. works like a charm

Hard to beat the Samsung 26F.

Trustfires don’t even come close.

Banggood seems to have the best price on the 26Fs, but not sure if they sell real Samsungs, as there price is better then what you find on eBay.

He is looking for protected cells, aren’t all laptop pulls unprotected?

+1 Samsung as long you get the real deal.

I’ve bought from BG both protected and unprotected - they are real Samsung. You can also find the batteries on AliExpress for similar price.

[quote=Tacoboy]

I tested one of them in my LiitoKala 260 - it has 2543mAh
I don’t think that they are fake.

Xtar 18650 2600mah protected 6.38$ a piece.

What I saw was “I’m switching from flattop to button top batteries” so I wanted to throw out an option, no blood no foul. But yes ha can also drop some blos of solder depending n the cndition of his flat tops.

I was hoping you had found some awesome pulls that had protected cells, I was going to buy you a beer. :beer:

All cells ending xxx - “fire” are either disappointing, bad or downright garbage.
Samsung 2600F cell are simply good, safe and reliable. And - in Europe anyways - quite cheap.

Pulling protected cells from a laptop pack in not going to happen. All laptop packs have unprotected cells - the protection is in the pack itself, not in the sepaerate cells.

BTW: you can buy premium brand unprotected cells with button top, for instance from Fasttech.

Cheers
Nico

That is a good price at Banggood and they do appear to be genuine. Several reviewers on Banggood along with the members here have verified their capacity and claim that they are authentic.

Ended up ordering 16 Samsung 18650 (protected, button top) from Banggood.
The BLF code helped a little on the price.

Now your just going to have to purchase more lights for all those batteries.

It’s a vicious cycle I tell you, vicious.

Already have 5 Skyray Kings for the 18650 button tops.
Now that I’m going to have a bunch of leftover flattop 18650s, I’ll have to buy a bunch of single cell flashlights for them.