Qlite Driver - Mode Memory

I recently retrofitted a Qlite driver to one of my lights with the intention of eliminating the strobe mode and more importantly the frustratingly long 3-4 second powered down time the original driver required to memorize modes.

However, the Qlite driver I used exhibits this behavior but in reverse, requiring the light to be powered on for 2-3 seconds before it will memorize the mode.

Is this behavior typical of all Qlite drivers and if so what alternative 17MM drivers are available that memorize last mode state more quickly?

yes it is typical. i prefer an off time to on time myself

not sure what drivers would be less time on/off to save the mode though. so far only played with nanj/qlite aftermarket drivers

Thanks for your reply.

I presume this delay is required so that the driver can differentiate between mode switching events and true power on/off cycling.

Yes. The NANJGs (and QLITEs are NANJGs with different hardware) can not measure how long they are off - only how long they are on. So whether they should switch to the next mode or the previous mode (memory) is decided by how long they were on last time (called on-time memory).

There are custom firmwares to reduce that time (I prefer 1s), but changing the behaviour to off-time memory requires a hardware mod and special firmware.

Thanks for your reply.

Is this the relevant thread I should be looking at?

Can the micro on the Qlite driver be flashed successfully?

I'll let you know tomorrow. I should be getting two of them in tomorrow, and plan to flash one with modded luxdrv firmware. It should flash just like any other Nanjg 105c, it has the same ATtiny13, just the 7135 chips are rated a little higher.

If you decide to adjust luxdrv to your liking the list of modes ("
#define MODES 6,15,56,255") is just PWM values. To add or modify modes just add them to the list. With current version of Luxdrv 255 is the max PWM value, and 5 is minimum.

Personally with a 2.8a 105c I prefer 3 modes (5%,30%,100%) and a 1-1.5 second memory setting. With the 3.04a I'll probably have a little tweaking to do.

I've seen that off-time memory as a mod for these drivers somewhere, but since I wasn't planning to do it myself I can't recall where. There is a thread on the forum about it though. It involves adding a small capacitor so that the driver has power to run clock and write a few bits after turning the off. EDIT: Looks like I saw that memory after power off thing on the "How To Build a Flashlight With Perfect Modes" thread. I remembered seeing a link to it in the flashlight wiki.

Yes, they can be flashed.

And yes, they can be changed to off-time memory by some hardware mod and suitable firmware, link (#177).

Thanks for the information guys :slight_smile:

Dr Jones doesn’t advertise for his 105c drivers with his own custom drivers, maybe there is rules for that on blf. I bought from him some 3.04A drivers with lucidrv. I absolutely love your firmware Dr Jones. Mode are programmable, I can now have the mode I want and only them.
I am sure that lucidrv is not what you search for, I bet that Dr Jones can flash a nangj 105c with mode you want if you are precise enough.
Dr Jones I am sorry if you didn’t want to advertise because you are too busy right now.