Quality around 50$

Hahahaha, info overload!! So many great suggestions…

You guys are probably the most dedicated people I’ve come across in a long time :wink: Glad I found this awesome forum.

Well I realize now that 2000lumen might be a tad overkill for what I use it for :wink: and I like the idea of going with a more mainstream starter light (500-1000)…

Now, off to continue what has become an epic quest to find THE light!

I’ll keep you posted as soon as I zero in on my new torch.
Thanks again for your time and ideas!

No problem, let us know what you get! :slight_smile:

Welcome

Before this calendar year has ended you will probably own a flooder , a thower , an EDC , a headlamp , and a keychain light , and at least one backup for each of these categories .

You will become somewhat of an 'expert' on flashlights , and will start ordering them for your friends and family .

After you have aquired enough flashlights , you will begin to have some idea of what you believe will be the perfect light for you .

Eventually , you will realize that there is no commercially available flashlight that is perfect for your tastes and you will experiment with modifying your lights or purchasing a custom flashlight .

We will gladly assist you on your journey to total enlightenment .

I recommend

this Convoy M1 light
and this Sanyo 2600mAh battery
and you will need a charger, a few others have suggested decent ones so far

The light will go 600 lumens, you can get more, but its a matter of diminishing returns, each extra watt brings less lumens then the last, and this way you will get better battery life as well. Also the tint is a warmer and more pleasing one
The batteries are good quality high power output ones that will maintain brightness for most of their charge, and they are hard to beat in this category.

Do let us know what you get

So true!!!

+1 I was thinking this combo myself.

For a charger, I like these simple USB ones (powered with the Apple clone A/C USB wall plugs and USB cable - Fast Tech sells both)

ML-102 - This one also provides USB output (5V) with a charged cell in it for use as a USB power source which is a great side benefit! (i.e. it charges cell phones, or anything that charges from a USB connection). It also charges 26650's.

ML-101 - Same as above, but no USB output support.

Another two well-liked chargers are the Nitecore i4, and i2. Be sure to read the review on the i4 and understand it capabilities / faults with NiMh and the way the channels split the charge current.

-Garry