Question about Olight S15R thats on sale at Gearbest - factory seconds or slipping QC or something else?

Contacted them regarding messed up battery and charging issue - they replied that I should buy my battery locally, present them receipt and they will refund me, Im about to tell them how much 14500 cost locally - 8 euros and upwards.

They ignored the charger issue completely.

An honest and reliable vendor will normally send you a new battery and charger, while they will reimburse you the postage fee for the returned of defective charger and battery, or they can just tell you to keep or dispose the defective charger and battery.
But as we know where you purchased your lights from, so we can draw our own conclusion

Did you contact olight or gearbest?

I contacted GB.

I think I will try to reach out to Olight today!

If I remember right, my 2 cheap harbor freight meters said the same thing, and the cheap radio shack meter was less than 1/100 higher.

I’ve had new, unused batteries go past 4.25V, and I think that it might be something to do with being new. Cheapies, though

Olight responded regarding overcharging that they can send me new charging pad.
They too did not comment so far on battery questions(signs of corrosion).

What was interesting that they said that GB are horrible and that they have dropped them from their customers list.

If that is the situation, then I wonder where their new November 15th supply is going to come from? Maybe they are dropped after this last batch of orders are filled?

My S15R is solid and no QC issues though I’m disappointed in the anodization of my S30. Dropped it once and it’s looks like it’s been through a lot. Not as tough as I thought.

Word is that Gearbest is indeed off the Olight customer list, and Olight is also looking into MAP policy rulebreaking of its suppliers.

Olight should be looking to their R&D and QC department instead ! :expressionless:

Why that?

do you have some examples or me?
i really like to know so i can be more aware when negotiating with the shops :slight_smile: