Questions about TR-0124B 8.4V Driver

I Searched:
Int-outdoor
DX
cnqualitygoods
fasttech

Driver

This is the only driver that is 8.2V that is able to put out 4A.

It says it is for sst-50, will it work for xpg2?
Will it also output 4A for the xpg?
How can I change it to 5A?
There are 5 modes, how can I turn it into 2 modes or maybe 3 modes?
Are there other drivers that is 8.2v with output 5A?
Does this thing get hot?
Any experiences with this driver?

I thought could survive with 7135’s, but paralleling batteries is not fun.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you BLF family

http://lygte-info.dk/review/DriverTest%20TR-0124%2014-66W%205-Mode%20Luminus%20SST-90%20(TR-0163)%20UK.html

those drivers that are over 10$ are really nice. Do you think there are other options?
adjustable driver

what happens when I use a voltage regulator (I want to use those since I do not want to waste my extra parts) instead of a current regulator?

4A for XP-G is ain’t enough for you? you must like living on the edge aren’t you :bigsmile:
I think you can add more resistors to it to bump it to 5A

That one can be bumped up to about 6 A for XPG2. It can also go higher I read somewhere but I haven't tried myself...

That driver is in the TrustFire X7 and it puts up some big numbers with the MT-G2

It’s an extremely powerful piece of equipment.

The driver should be labeled TR-142b under the inductor coil. Supposed to be great for driving MT-G2 for high amps. Only good up to 5 plus amps for xml's. It will instantly fry them somewhere before 6 amps. Not sure how they do long term with xml's. Have a thread on it here.

EDIT: The voltage sense resistor bank is the place to adjust the current on that driver. It is under the inductor coil. The R200 resistor in the below pic is where the bank starts. Adding resistors increases current.

Werner has a great mod somewhere to make this driver a slave to a Atiny13a MCU.

I heard if I put a 10 ohm pot, I can increase the amps. So more resistance = more amps? resistors in parallel = lower effective resistance. So when i put a 10 ohm pot, should i turn it to 0 or 10? I dont want to fry emitters for no reason

You want to start with the trim pot at the mid-way point. It won't start giving you much more current till you start approaching the 0 resistance side of the range. From the mid point you will be turning quite a bit until current starts climbing much, but it's safer that way for the emitter. You can check the resistance with your DMM to be sure too.

The below picture is the flip side of the above picture from this thread.