Quick Question Re: Tank007 E09

Is there a preferable version of this light? I'm gonna buy one and I just want to make sure that I don't get an R2 (for example), only to find out that I didn't get the latest and greatest.

Also, if anyone would share recommended vendors and/or good deals for this light, I would greatly appreciate it.

Misfire, the production batch which is being sold off is V2, and it's available in pink, gungray and black. some V2 users (incl myself) report that the battery compartment is a little tight: some Alkalines with thick wraps would not fit! Furthermore, the body tube is too short to make my washer trick work (for Protected 10440). The V2 is equipped with R3. The V1 was equipped with R2. There is a notable brightness difference on Hi-mode between these two LED's.

Some E09 owners (incl myself) wait for the Co. to produce a new batch (V3) with perfect long battery compartments to host Protected 10440's and all brands of Alkalines.

I recommend vendor DD. Fun shopping experience.

Typical nice price is 12.xx$ (DD, price fluctuate between 12.xx and 24.xx lol). Apply storewide discount coupon, dinopoints and giftcard and the paid price is down to 6.xx$.

In any case it makes sense NOT to buy the V2 these days but to wait for the V3 release, if you can hold your breath till then. Rest assured i will be one of the first to buy the V3 from DD, i've got dinopoints collected and a fat giftcard both waiting to be redeemed on this pleasant item.

Kreisler, I have both V1 and V2 and I can not see any difference in brightness on any off the three modes. Perhaps my V2 is not as good as the other V2´s.

But... in a few weeks I will receive another V2 (gungray metal)... let´s see if I can distinguish any difference between it and my "old" V1........

hola fran, okok, the difference is to be seen only with full concentration :) You need to concentrate my friend :D (ok, i cant guarantee that all V2 have the R3 .. sorry)

was yours finally shipped? couldnt see it on FB :o

OK, I will compare my V1 with the gray gunmetal when it arrives to see if there is any difference... at least with my V2, which is one of the first V2 being shipped, no difference compared to the V1.... maybe with a luxmeter..........

Yes, it finally got shipped although I can not see it on FB.

And the problem about the never-shipped flashlight was not the tank... it was another... still the same...

Are there any cosmetic differences between v1 and v2?

Anyone got a pic of both?

check review section "Version History.", there are a few pix ;)