RaceR86's flashlight collection (Update 23.09.2013, collection pictures)

Got my 3rd Ultrafire M5 today.. 0:)

1st. Nichia 119 (ordered first time)

2nd. Stock (ordered 2nd time)

3rd. XP-E2 R3 1D (ordered 2nd time by my brother, I swapped an AAA Enelong for that light)

Unlike my first two lights, this third one had a smaller 10mm MCPCB and a aluminium centering ring that sits around the MCPCB.

After swapping to an XP-E2, I checked emitter current. About 0,22 with an Enelong. I have not checked current on my other lights.

Im not sure which tint I prefer out of the XP-E2 and stock XP-G. Non-are great.

But the XP-E2 throws better. :) Im a bit tempted to buy Efest IMR 10440.

Those are some nice lights and photos.

40 lights? Wow! I really like that military camouflage one.

Thanks Brad.. Recently I have gotten more and more into throwers. They have zero useful purpose for me, but they sure are fun! The better they throw the less useful they are too me, and the more fun they are too! LOL :D

My ZY-T13 have been modded several times. Im not able to push it much further than 3,75A due to limitations in the stock driver. Atleast I dont fell comfortable about it. But with a de-domed XM-L2 on copper it throws very nicely! :)

I have my "tint-thrower". The Uniquefire UF-X6S, pushing out 5 amps to an XM-L with 80+ CRI. I will swap the emitter to another NW XM-L2 with a bit more power though. Might see if I can increase the current a bit more too. 0:) This light will not have a de-domed emitter. Just lots of mid-long range throw.

I have an STL-V6. The driver is modded for 5,3A, and will put a de-domed XP-G2 in it. Throw should be sick.. I have done some work to the body with and end-mill. That way I can make room for some sort sort of copper "pill". Should be up an running in not too much time.

I currently have an XP-E2 sitting in a gasoline bath. Ill push it as hard is its useful pushing it. I will then put it in a ZY-T619 (a single cell thrower). I have modified the body with an end mill in that light too. Just need to make a little copper plate for pill. Not sure if Ill like it with that tiny emitter, but im curious to see the beam.

I used to have a de-domed XP-G2 in a C8, but I though de-domed XP-G2 in my little aspherical pocket thrower (N-LIght XT50) was way cooler, practical and pocket friendly.

Oh.. and then there is this light that I just ordered.. Ill have to see how its built and what drivers can fit. Hopefully it will make my ZY-T13 seriously obsolete. :)

Ill get around to do a thrower beam shot comparison once Im happy with my throwers.. :)

Would be cool if I could borrow a friends Led-Lenser X21R for the comparison shots..

Cool. Here is a two toned picture of it..

Actually, I have made the spreadsheet. I counted all of my "hosts", basically lights that I will mod and various. And im right above 50.. I should never have counted everything I have placed around for future mods.. :p

Updated OP. Spreadsheet is now online!

Also got my I6 today and various resistors and XM-l2s. :) Its been a real long time since I ordered emitters from FT.

Easy to swap emitter in the I6. :) Stock it uses a square MCPCB with thermal paste. I wonder if that white wire is the ground..

The I6 is one really nice light. Simplistic, but very sweet in terms of UI. Very nicely built and lovely anodizing.

I doubt I will swap out the driver due to the UI, but have anyone taken it out and tried to increase the OOmmph? :)

This is a very nice thread. Wonderful pictures and interesting info. It would be cool if you could link the lights in your database to their respective build threads. What is that interesting looking behemoth behind the M5?

Thanks ImA4Wheelr! :)

I plan on adding links to my various mod threads. Not sure if I should put the links in this thread, or in the spreadsheet. Might be better to do in the the spreadsheet, but I dont always update my threads when I do changes to my lights, which I have a tendency to do.

This week I have done various mods and emitter swaps. XP-E2 have been the theme.

XP-E2 in M5

XP-E2 in P60 at 3A. (I know, I should have stayed with lower current but I did not bother).

XP-E2, de-domed in P60, a bit over 2 amp with a driver that did up towards 2,6A to an XM-L.

XP-E2, de-domed in ZY-T619. Head was modified with copper pill. Using 2,8A Nlite (no mode memory, and starts on high) When battery goes below 4V, current starts declining slowly to 2,5A and further down. It will get into the optimum range fairly fast..

I have done some copper pill work on my STL-V6 too.

I doubt Ill keep the XP-E2s around in those lights. Certainly not in the ZY-T619 or the P60s. I have larger plans for them. I just had to try the XP-E2 in various sized lights and see it for myself. Im not that impressed to be honest. Once I put several of them in a light, they will probably become useful, and that was my plan from the start.

In all honesty, im rarely impressed by hard driven XP-G2s either. Normally Id take XM-2s.. Hopefully my XP-G2 STL-V6 will become so impressive that ill be amazed with the XP-G2 afterall. More to come..

And no, I am not going to mod the Led Lenser X21R pictured in my previous post. The battery pack needs a health check. Lights shuts down fast, and it used to have battery issues some time back too. Its a friends light. Might have a bad cell or something..

Look how small the STl-V6 looks beside it! LOL! :D

(edit, would be cool to mod that light though)

I was about to ask what the hell that huge flashlight was. So that’s a Led Lenser X21R. :open_mouth:

How’s its beam? Is is a thrower or a flooder? :slight_smile:

Both. :)

Probably the most useful thrower I know of. Not only does it throw a long way, but the hotspot is wide, and you got no spill to limit your vision, and when its not zoomed in, its good for close up stuff too. Its like no other light that I am familiar with.

Its size and weight makes it a beast. And due to using nimh, its got no more battery capacity than a SRK type light. But its amazing what it can do with those batteries.

Its certainly not a budget light at around 580$ locally. Despite having a bit "old-technology/emitters" its very impressive. Its been the benchmark for my lights for a long time. Despite that some of my light have higher output. I would never consider buying the light, but I respect it for what it is.

You can see the adjustable beam of the X21 quite nicely in the beginning if this video. Its also side by side with TK70.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BunDr-S9q4

X21 is rated to 1000 lumen I believe, if not slightly more. TK70 is rated for 2200.

X21R is rated 1600. The number does not sound impressive, but the beam is. Its kinda like having two lights in one light. And do not think a hard driven XP-G2 or XM-L2 zoomie can be compared to it.

From right:

Fenix E15

Ultrafire M5

Sipik SK68

ZY-T11

D4

ZY-T29

Sipik SK98

N-Light XT50

Whoa! :open_mouth:

It looks like both its zoom-in and zoom-out beams are better than the TK70’s beam. Its simply unbelievable! I think this light should be every flashaholic’s dream flashlight. :heart_eyes:

However, at 580$ is just way beyond my reach. I guess I have to be contended to have that X21R, in my dreams - and ONLY in my dreams. :bigsmile:

Well, that is a local price, with added local taxes.

Its available for less than 400$, comes with a bix box and everything you need.

Still, very expensive.. I think most would prefer a BTU with its higher output, around 140-170$ price (with good batteries and charger), and way more compact size. But then again. The Led lenser is probably more practical for close up stuff, and it uses safe nimh batteries. Its a unique light..

I wonder if it would focus nicely with 7 de-domed XP-G2s. Could probably fit several drivers in the head. Would have been a cool mod host if it was available for cheap. 0:)

Well the price should be about the same in the Philippines because of the taxes. The BTU shocker I bought from Ric for 99$ was taxed by our customs for about 48$. :frowning:

Also, even if I can buy that X21R, I don’t think I will ever mod it. Aside from the fact that its insanely amazing as it is, I don’t have the guts to mess with a 600$ flashlight. :slight_smile:

48$ increase would be about the same number I would get if it was taxed and got custom/handling fee on a BTU.

Im a bit tempted on the BTU, but I think its a bit too large. Also tempted on the SP03, but then again, not sure how happy I would be with the throw compared to the SRK. And if its not jacket pocket friendly, then why not buy a large light?.. But the size and weight of the BTU. hmm...

Its not like I really need another light to mod right away. I already have a bunch of projects running, and I also have several hosts that I would like to rebuild..

Despite the 48$ increase, I’m very happy with my BTU especially after modding it and testing its throw.

I might get myself a BTU type light one day.. Until then..

Look at my lovely new Olight I3s. :)

vs UF M5

3,89A to the emitter in a little Small Sun! J)

Just a little update. A lot of minor stuff have happened this week!

Recieved my blue Olight I3s (pictured in previous post). I like it alot! :) Might consider swapping out the emitter for a typical High CRI NW Nichia 219, or maybe a WW 119.

Unlike certain other manufacturers you can get easy assess to the emitter. Pill can be screwed out with a tweezer. Tiny 8mm MCPCB.

I also started to write a some on a larger "tint guide".

Mods done this week (more details in spreadsheet)

- Fandyfire K2, got current increase (4,2A) and new emitter. Ill get around to update my thread on it.

- Made a thread on my Small Sun lights. My ZY-T29 got another emitter swap, and more juice (3,89A).

- Olight I6 got XM-L2 on copper

- Sipik SK98, got copper MCPCB and the emitter from Olight I6. (I cant be bothered to but an XM-L2 in this light (yet?), I don't use it much anyway)

- One of my ultrafire M5s got its stock emitter de-domed. Tint turned out quite crappy. Green-ish tint. :Sp Not recommended mod IMO. The emitter in my light already had hint of slight green-yelloish CW tint before de-doming. So I should have known better. Needed to try it anyway.. :p Ill have to put something else in it.

-My STL-V6, now with copper MCPCB pushing up towards 5,3A to de-domed XP-G2 and custom copper "pill" is up and running. Needs some focus tweeking, more than I have done. I have a feeling I will end up with XM-l2 in it eventually. Its not that often that the smaller emitters impress me that much.

-My Roche F8 (Ying Feng), finally became alive. I received a new replecemant body from CNQ, one with brass ring inside (my first body/kit did not have the needed brass ring inside that is needed to make connection with the head). Using a fully programable DrJones driver.. I really like the heat transfer and how its built in certain ways. In several ways it beats most lights. I do find the body a bit slippery though. I know the new version have a tactical ring or whatever its called. But I would prefer a clean body with some knurling. Oh, my F8 can use the long green protected NCR18650B! I have always heard you have to use short batteries. Not in my light.. :)

I have added collection pictures in "post 1" and removed some old pictures and text.

Ill probably skip telling about all the small minor mods and such in this thread as there seems to be limited interest for such.

You can pretty much see all my lights and see size/look comparison between various lights. I have a few duplicates, I skipped those. Here is one of the pictures... Several of those lights were included in a beamshot comparison here.

More pictures in the beginning of this thread...