Rating: Focalprice.com

:wink:

Hi gorann:

Could you kindly send your request using Focalprice system, my message- since this would make things goes faster than you give me ,then I give it to related people ,hope you can understand this, if you write them a message,you will get reply within 6hours,very quickly, if you give me ,I am afraid I will miss this, so sorry

Regards

Candy

Thank you Focalprice for honoring the contract and sending me a Jetbeam RRT-21.

You get 5 stars from me.

I got a full refund from Focal after giving up on them .

Sunday was helpful and deserves the credit for getting this situation taken care of .:)

Congratulations to Boaz for finally getting his refund.

Thank you for doing the right thing, Sunday!

thanks for supporting...

Hope in the near future, all of you will get happy buying experience from FP

Finally, Focalprice do the right thing ,I think they will get more support if they keep on doing the right things

Another thing I want to mention is I hope they will improve the speed and quality of online service,yesterday I tried its online chat,I just find the CS is slow to respond ,I hope they will improve this

Thanks ,this is all my humble ideas

Do they have an RSS feed?

I don't think so. I know I suggested they add one last year but I don't think they ever did.

Hi alex21:

I am afraid we dont have the moment, we appreciate your suggestion,thanks,hope this will make FP more useful to all users...

Candy

I will give all your suggestions to the higher level

Ive had one very good experience with focalprice about two months ago or so when they revamped their site and had a regrand openning, got a flashlight for a good price delivered to the west coast of the united states in under ten days from time of purchase. But i still preferred deal extreme, better overall prices. Until my last order in december, where for the first time i felt dealextreme was being deceptive, i guess i was lucky with my orders prior to that one… in the us, its frowned upon when businesss arent fourth coming, we are used to the customer being always right and getting our way, even when we r probably wrong or misinformed some times. But deal extreme said they had an item in stock which they didnt. I had no idea it was backordered, i didnt hear from them for a week about my order after the original order confirmation. I had to investigate myself, so i cancelled my order and they submitted the refund to my paypal promtly, i will only use deal extreme as a price comparison now. The first time i bought from focal price, i had read no reviews about them, otherwise i probably would have never become a customer, but i recieved my first single order from them in under ten days, and i live in california, tracking was behind, i recieved my flashlight a week ahead of schedule. I live in the far west, china is the far far east coast. So i was amazed. I recently made another purchase with them after deal extremes backorder issue on the light i wanted, and ended up buying 6 additional lights from focal price, although deal extreme may have had the other six lights and definitely sells them cheaper, i went against them on this one. I actually had focalprice refund my order because deal extreme had updated my order a day after i asked for a refund, claiming my flashlight was back in stock, i had a live chat with them, and was confirmed they didnt have it at all. So i had to start up a new order with focalprice after cancelling, focalprice packed and shipped on that same day too. Ive bought from lapolicegear which is located in southern california, and they are a decent american online store, and they couldnt do same day delivery, so that says a lot about both lapolicegear and focalprice. I expect if the item is in stock here in the united states, it had better be packed and sent out that same day if the order is placed prior to noon, thats how my employers operated, and how most american retailers go about it, thats why employees here make the big dollars doing mindless mediocre work compared to overseas. I am now just playing the waiting game, i bet my focalprice order will make it here before my last dealextreme order, even though i ordered a few things from dx about two weeks before focalprice and they claimed it was shipped.

Never had a problem with any order. I've always been patient with China retailers and have always been pleased with the product and price.

Hi jaysay:

Thanks for all your suggestions to us.

1.Price: We will select more products with competitive price

2.shipping time: we will have more warehouse abroad, so you can get your items more quickly in the near future...

Hi

The Grand Pooh-Bah:

Thanks for supporting

I just ordered some Trustfire 3000mah 18650 and some 900mah 14500 batteries this weekend. We will see if their service is as good as it has been in the past for me.

I think you will satisfy of our service

My Batteries arrived today!!!

Tracking number didnt work, but the items got to me, roughly 15 days from time of purchase, they definitely shipped that day. I belive the item was not tracked because when it arrived, i didnt have to sign for it, the mailman double checked to see why it didnt have to be signed for as well. My only gripe is that the sipik sk68s, i bought 5, three of them had large cracks thru the whole lense, the other two were fine. Dirty, beam and tints were all over the board. They were unbranded and the black ones, i cant verify whether they are actual q5s, thats what is proclaimed. On the plus side, i got working 14500 trustfire lions, and a very nice budget trustfire a3 r5.

follow up on the situation with the cracked lens. they ended up taking care of it, quite quick too. love their service, waiting on the next deal now.