Rating: intl-outdoor.com

Same thing happened with an order of mine. He was more than willing to help.

Maybe tracking is all shot to bits because of the overload to the system caused by Christmas post. He did not provide any screenshots for me. That is not to say that the order won't be here in a few days. I will contact him again on 7 Jan to see if he can provide some kind of idea where the package now is in terms of transit before I consider any further action. This is typical customer skittishness on my part no doubt as I really want to play with the OEM Nitecore EZaa!

Anyone get their package that they were expecting yet. No on my end.

Very slow shipper!!

Still waiting for more than 1 month...

I received my second package from them today. So far no problems and third package is on the way...

Shipped 1 month ago today, no joy.

Guess I give up and order somewhere else. "Be patient" has exhausted itself.

Rich

As I said earlier, I ordered on the 5th of Dec. and Hank emailed me a captured screen shot of a Chinese tracking. It was hard to read and I thought it showed that my package was in the U.S. I have been putting the tracking number into USPS tracking page and today it finally showed that my package is in Bethpage, NY.

I have received two other orders from Int'l Outdoors within 14 days previously. They were sent using HK post. The package that has been in limbo for the last month is being sent China post. This is the first time any of the Chinese stores have ever sent my stuff via China Post.

I have made two orders with Hank - I do intend to place at least one more order with respect to his current offerings, but that could increase depending on what new itema are listed in future. Both orders took a very long time to get to me as compared to some some other recent orders with both China and Hong Kong based companies. However, it is entirely possible that the delay was as much at the UK end as anywhere else, as British Customs and Post can be notoriously slow, particularly around the Christmas period.

My first order was for three Panasonic NCR18650A and three Sanyo UR16650ZT cells - protected in each case. The Panasonic cells obviously have the issue of the low current output protection circuits, but Hank has already withdrawn these, very soon after people started testing the cells and running in to issues with them. He is apparently looking for a new assembler who will be using a higher output PCB.

There's a few people who have been effected by that issue, but on a more personal level, I found that one of the Panasonic cells was dented (my order was placed when Hank was still sending out cells in padded envelopes rather than boxes), and two of the Sanyo cells were missing from my order. I contacted Hank regarding this, and he agreed without any question or argument to send out the two Sanyo cells, and - with no stocks of protected Panasonic cells at this time (as per my previous paragraph) - instantly refunded me for the dented cell.

So, while you could say that my first order was less than entirely successful, I was happy with how my issues were dealt with (though I've not received the Sanyo cells yet - probably in for another long wait on those), and impressed with how quickly Hank is responding to criticisms to improve his business.

My order finally arrived. There is nothing about this order that is correct. I am too pissed at the moment to explain. I know this is a Chinese lottery that we all play, but this was a fairly large dollar order.

I'll contact Hank. I'm sure he will tell me to ship it back. sigh

Edit** I want to say that Hank took care of me. I am now a satisfied customer.

Off to Paypal with mine. Gotta protect me... I gave up and filed a dispute. I'm not putting up with this kind of wait again.

Rich

My lights arrived today. It took well over a month but that was probably due to the Christmas period. The lights are exactly as described. I will order again if it is something I can wait for.

Here is a follow up to my little outburst a couple of posts back. Hank stayed in constant touch with me until I was satisfied with the outcome. The items sent were in good working condition, but were not exactly what I ordered.

I will have no problem ordering from intl-outdoors again. Hank was very professional in the way things were handled.

To follow up: Hank has been all apologies and was keeping me updated. And he has promised to not use China post again. I got my stuff today, all fine. Of course I closed the dispute and he will continue to get biz from me, as long as China post stays out of it!

I don't like to be a PIA... it's a rock and a hard place and I know it wasn't his fault.

Rich

I recieved my Crelant 7G5 today and I am not very satisfied.

Dont get my wrong, it is well build and so on, but I put in two 18650 batteries and turned it on.

It is not very reliable in changing the mods. Sometimes the strobe stays, although I pressed the clickie.
Futhermore the mods suddenly change, when I hold the flashlight down or shake it a little.

One time the beam of the flashlight suddenly got kind of blue. What happend there?

I need this flashlight to use it in police service and it has to be reliable.
I think I can not use it with those occurrences.

I wrote Hank through the positive comments about him.

Toppel, have you tried cleaning the threads with alcohol and a qtip. It sounds like it its loosing contact at the threads.

oops double post

You must use protected cells. The cells without PCB are shorter, thus it's easy for the light to change modes, since there's not enough compression from the springs.

If you don't have protected cells, use some additional spacer (5-7mm). And as mentioned above, clean the unanodized parts of threads and make sure everything is tighten well.

It's quite naive to order in december and expect a fast delivery from China.

Or worse, order in january-february.

Wow just like every other Chinese vendor we have some good and bad reviews. I received my second order of drivers and ordered some King Kong batteries. So far so good for me and I really like the website also. I guess luck plays a big part in this game due to the language barrier.

Update on my previous post: -

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/4921#comment-109132

As stated, my first order was short two Sanyo 16650 cells, and Hank agreed to send those out straight away. I have since received these - they arrived much quicker than my original order did, so thumbs up for that.

This did bring one issue of it's own though. While the webpage states that the protected UR16650ZT cells are black wrapped, the one I received originally - along with those I have seen others receive - have actually been red wrapped. Of the two cells I have just received, one is red, and the other black.

Now, I'm not so precious that I need all my cells to colour match (though it would be nice! ), if it were just an issue of different colour wrapping. However, the black cell has a considerably smaller button head than the red cells, the top shoulder is rounder, and despite the overall length looking to be more or less identical, there appears to be a larger distance between the bottom of the cell and the bottom of the PCB. All in all, it suggests that different components have been used to assemble the black wrapped cell - well, obviously the button head IS different, but the PCB could be as well, which is more of a concern.

I've been talking about getting in to more battery testing for a while, and now I have a real reason to do it - just got to find the time..... Like I said, not concerned about the colour, nor for that matter worried about the different shoulder profile and smaller button, but a different PCB could effect the performance, and as I use 17(16)650 cells in series in a tri-bored Mag, I obviously need to confirm that these cells are well matched in performance, if not in appearance.

So, as stated above, some good experiences, and some not so good. A quick and positive response to the issues with my order; quicker postage times; but possibly mismatched cells supplied to correct the short fall in my order.