Rating: UltraOk.com

Thanks, Leelou.

I ordered this one, for gits and shiggles:

http://www.ultraok.com/Zoomable-3-Mode-CREE-Q5-LED-Flashlight-Torch-300-lumen-police-torch-security-torchlight-Zoom-to-adjust-focus---_p1650.html

Thanks for the replies. I guess it's just one of those odd situations with my timing I guess, I hope anyway :\ I had already gotten to the point that I figured I must have been scammed or something and was already saying "Oh the hell with it. Time to cancel that existing card with paypal and get a new one going before I get seriously reemed." I'm rather cautious because when I was an ebay seller I got nailed hard on my paypal account with fraudulent charges that went over $1800 which is what was sitting there in my paypal account when I got screwed. I was left with about $4.70 when it was all over. Paypal by the way was horrible to deal with in the process of trying to get my account re-credited. I spent many hours on the phone with their reps and through emails, and got nowhere. I finally threatened to contact the Washington Post, New York Times, and other major publications and spill the beans on my experience. A rep called me back after I sent that email, and sounded really worried, then asked me to hold off and he would see what he could do. Less than 24 hours later all the funds were re-credited minus one transaction of $147 they simply refused to recredit my account with. When I did my research on paypal I discovered there are major class action suits against Paypal. Several cases include ex-paypal employees who have agreed to testify, who call the company nothing less than cheats and even gangsters who are involved in rather underhanded business practices. My experience with this whole thing was just plain awfull. It was because of this that I shut down my ebay account, then withdrew all the money out of my paypal account, and nearly never use paypal now, going on 7 years now, except once in a great while. This being one of those occasions due to the fact that at checkout the only payment method offered was through paypal. But for those of you that have paypal accounts be careful. The advice I got was if your going to use paypal never leave funds sitting in there if you can help it. Paypal is not a bank, and therefor they are not held as strictly to many legal restrictions that banks are commited to. One such luxury they have is a far less regulated ruling system that makes it easier to deny recredits on fraud charges you get hit with. And in truth they pretty much have little choice if they want to stay in business. Paypal is the #1 online payment organization in the world, but they also suffer from the most fraudulent transactions. Just a heads-up here. Paypal is perfectly safe for sending payments, but recieving is a totally different story, especially if your collecting large sums of money and not transfering the funds into your regular bank account.

Anyway I'll be suprised if that flashlight actually comes anywhere close to 1000 lumens. If it actually ever arrives that is :D If it does arrive I can check that out pretty easily. I have a Yamaha DLP home theater projector that is rated at 1000 lumens. If you set the image to the absolute brightest setting and project a solid white image, the lumen level measures about 850 lumens. So I am going to shoot this on the screen and the flashlight on the wall next to it with a tight beam on zoom and see just how close it really get's. I'll try and report back here on what I discover. Maybe even stick a video of it on youtube or something.

I'm a "dear"!

=================

Date Ordered: Friday 04 November, 2011

The comments for your order are: Hi dear
Thank you for shopping in our store . We shipped out your goods . Hope you
get it soon.
Any question please feel free to contact us .
The best regards.
Sincerely
Jack
UltraOK Services

Your order has been updated to the following status:
New status: Shipped

==================

r1derbike-

Did you actually place the order on the 4th or is that when they finally processed it? Did you get any email confirmation directly after you ordered it, or was the first contact from them? I ordered mine 4 business days ago and so far I still haven't heard a peep from them. It's still early yet though. PS their site appears to be down again or what ever those NO PERMISSION issues are, haven't been able to access it all day today.

@agentjen, I got the confirmation notice above on Monday, the 7th. I don't know if they close on Sat. or Sun.

I did order it on the 4th.

I was just delighted I got anything at all!Laughing

I'll peruse their site, and see if I have the same difficulties as you!

Good Luck!

EDIT: Site is up and working for me, ATM.

I wonder if anyone has reviewed or owns this R5 zoomie?

http://www.ultraok.com/bright-800-lumens-cree-r5-led-zoomable-adjustable-focus-3-modes-aluminum-alloy-flashlight-torch-with-clip_p2076.html

At 20 bucks, it is an expensive one...

...maybe 300-350 lumens max?

According to their site their business days and hours run between monday through saturday. Closed Sundays and holidays, and those days don't count as business days. They seem to have processed and shipped your item in only 2 business days. That's pretty fast. Your experiencing better luck on this than I am. In my case it's been 4 business days since my purchase and so far nothing is happening. No emails and my order is statused as processing. No big suprise. I'm not really concerned with the delivery time frame. I don't expect to recieve the item for as long as a month, and don't expect to see info on it being shipped for at least 7-10 days. That's just been my experience purchasing from wholesale dropshippers such as this one back when I was an ebay seller some 6 years ago. I won't even contact ultraok about my order until 10 days has passed if it doesn't show as processed and shipped by then. Sometimes these things take time. If you read ebay member feedback on ultraok on their ebay seller site they have pretty much very good feedback, however even many of the positives mention having to wait anywhere from 10 and all the way up to 40 days before their product arrived. it will be interesting to see how quickly yours arrives since it is now on it's way.

I looked at that light you listed. What's particularly interesting to you about that one. Is it the less than 20 dollars price tag for 800 lumens? The tailcap pushbutton looks to be a little bit suspect to me though.

@agentjen, I just noticed it had an R5 emitter (don't know what BIN), and it obviously won't do anywhere near the claimed 800 lumens.

I was just hoping someone might have compared it with the el-cheapos (like I bought).

Haven't found any reviews on it yet, but not done looking.

It just appeared to be a much higher quality example of a zoomie, but it looks like it has been photoshopped heavily...

Well I did find a few reviews on other torches by ultraok that involved flashlights that I didn't have much interest in. Mostly involving lights with lower lumen ratings like 350 and 400. One particular short review I happened upon involved someone who claimed the one he had was nearly as bright as a spotlight on a police cruiser at 450 lumens. Another discected every aspect of another ultraok model and the guy over all said it totally exceeded his reserved expectations and that it was clearly not up to par construction wise with higher end models like surefire or other flashlights costing over $160, but he did seem to suggest that for the price the thing performed remarkably well. That at least gives me some reserved but positive expectations. Since your torch will be arriving before mine I'm looking forward to hearing what your impressions are on your light. Hope it measures up to your expectations :)

XP-G zoomies are rare as are XP-G throwers.

VFMaddict, that would explain the rare review, then?

I checked their web site and my order is now listed as having been shipped after 6 days of my status being listed as 'Processing'. However I still have not recieved any contact from these people at all so far. No email confirmation or email reciept from them either after initial purchase. No email that they shipped my order either. Very odd. I guess different people who work for them handle things differently and process differently. I did include a rather lengthy message along with my order concerning my interest in possibly placing a bulk order for some of these tactical lights if the one I recieve checks out ok and ends up working reasonably good.

I placed my order 14 days ago. I still have not recieved any contact what so ever from ultraok, no receipt, no nothing. Of course it goes without saying- no package has arrived so far either. Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering direct from these people. Expect it's likely going to take awhilke. I am guessing 3 to 6 weeks from the time the order is placed.

Mine was shipped the 4th, received it today in great shape. Typical zoomie that does neither spot nor flood particularly well.

Crenelations are sharp, as are the head fins.

Very few (3) threads on the tailcap, but everything fits reasonably well.

It's 9:30 p.m. and my fingers are freezing from testing it in the night air.

BRRRR!

No review at the moment, but for 10 bucks, you get what you pay for!

Link to the zoomie:

http://www.ultraok.com/new-zoomable-3-mode-cree-q5-led-flashlight-torch-300-lumen-assault-crown-police-torch-security-torch-torchlight_p1563.html

I was curious as to wether you had recieved yours or not yet. Doesn't sound like your too impressed with it. Sounds like it's not all that great but could be worse. How bout the brightness? 300 lumens is not enormous I realize but what do you think? All I know is the one I ordered is rated at 1000 lumens and if it isn't a great deal brighter than the one I currently have which is rated at 180 lumens I'm going to be dissapointed. The current one I use is about 5 times brighter than a typical mag light that had the older style bulb. In fact it's pretty darn bright for 180. But has a rather short throw. It can brightly light anything less than 13 feet away. But anything like 30 feet away, the beam then appears as a rather dull glow. in a night enviroment. Figuring your new light should be able to do better than that at 300 lumens. Hope it does.

This is the exact model I ordered:

http://www.ultraok.com/Ultra-Bright-1000-lumens-CREE-R5-LED-Zoomable-Adjustable-Focus-3-Modes-Aluminum-alloy-Flashlight-Torch-skid-proof-Battery-Charger_p1999.html

AgentJen, my light has really left me with "gimmick" status. It floods a small area with mediocre light, and the spot also is just "fair". It's a 10 dollar light, with blue/purple LED.

Actually, about what I expected. It came with a holster, so all is not lost.

Not even going to review it, as zoomies have been beaten to death (and then some).

Will prolly give it to an unsuspecting family member, for the holiday.

r1derbike -
That's too bad. it's worse than I thought. I'm suspecting those videos and photos they put on their website were total fabrications. One model in particular they sell there was described as being as bright as a spotlight. Several others show images of these extremely bright lights coming from what is presumed to be these small flashlights they are holding in their hands. Light so bright in fact that it's way over the top for what they claim. Any fool would know it's a totally fabricated image. The person was probably holding a flashlight and then the image was photoshopped with a flood and beam from an actual spotlight or something. But I have read some promising reviews on numerous models, and maybe it's just that you ordered a model that isn't so great while others are better. I guess I'll find out if the one I recieve is as dissapointing as yours. If it ever actually arrives that is. I am suspecting it will flood terribly, the so called tight zoom will look far less impressive than one would expect, and I am figuring it will put out something around anywhere from 180-350 lumens rather than 1000. But very doubtful it will give out anything that would measure over 375. Even $200 and up tactical weapon mount versions from the best manufacturers out there only put out 160-500 lumens tops! Sorry to hear your light was a major letdown. :(