RC-Lights - a history of my custom-lights so far

Thank you grin.

let me show you the next light in the collection:

a Aluminium and Chopper Bi-Color light with Cree MT-G LED with 2x18350 batteries or 2x18650 batteries, i built two different battery tubes.

i used a C8 Reflector and also used the same thread size, so i can mix up the parts:

the Cree MT-G LED:

cheers Michael

Wow, Michael, these are really great!! All of them are aesthetically beautiful. Once you said conventional machining, I am especially impressed with the head on your 2013 bike light…wow. I’m not a machinist but have a decent understanding of most operations and tooling - how did you accomplish the fluting/grooves on the round head?

hi, thanks a lot for your words.

You are right, all of the parts are machined conventional without CNC. the bike light was a relative complex design for machining it, but i have fun doing unnormal things. Unfortunately i don´t have a picture of machining exact that part - but i found a picture from a similar condition:

on my milling machine i have a rotary table, which i use for almost all milling operations on the flashlights. in that case, i tilted the head of the milling machine in the angle of the chamfer to have a symmetrical groove.

cheers,

Michael

Aha…of course, a chuck on the table! I hadn’t seen that setup before, just regular rotary tables and indexers. I was trying to figure out how one would bring the mill over the the lathe. Ha. :slight_smile:

Just saw your other threads, too…really nice work, good stuff!