Re: Atomic Beam and Taclight Flashlights

I somehow missed your post at first but man that is funny……and true!!

It actually makes sense why these lights are “tactical stealth” lights. I mean no one’s going to notice you with such a rabbit’s pee beam. :smiley:

It’s a perfect flashlight to use with night vision gear. Lol

I would only get the taclight if I could get the tac glasses that go with them that allow you to see eagles! “Nobody makes glasses like these! Except all of those OTHER companies that have polarized lenses, too!”

The $10 SKR clone isn’t actually that bad!

As long as you like ultra blueish cool white emitters and either extremely short run times or extremely hot flashlights. Those srk clones are made extremely cheap with almost no thermal mass to pull the heat away from the emitter to keep it from overheating. The drastic drop in quality of those lights are the reason the blf q8 team decided to make a high quality and modified version. That project, by the way, was an absolute success! Cheers

Hey guys, thanks for input. I know having an Atomic Beam branded light should be in collection. But item is very poor as far as lighting options. Especially that square shaped zoom beam. If beam was round I might consider keeping it. The Harbor Freight Quantum is way better and zoom light beam is closer round shape. I ended up with 2 of those.

Update: I will be selling my sealed Atomic Beam.

Mum just announced to me, “I’m getting a Tac-Light”. :person_facepalming:

She ain’t getting anything with Li in it, as she’s so far beyond muggle it’s not even funny. Gave her lobotomised AT01s (crap in themselves, but at least were 6bux a pop instead of 20bux each) running 3×AAA, and she’s not happy with those, either.

So, fine, let her go piss away her bux, even after I forewarned her over a dozen times what crap they’ll be.

She’ll do as always, leave them face-down, on, ’til the AAAs leak like they’re just itching to do, ruining the carrier, then there’ll be even more dead garbage-lights lying around the house.

Something worth noting. With these lights square beam actually means the light is more focused.
You are projecting the square die of the LED, that is as focused as it can get, and will throw the furthest.

When you project a round beam, it is because the light is slightly out of focus, which also means less throw.

You can observe this yourself by slightly zooming out on a light that projects a square beam.
As you unfocus the beam, it becomes round. and you lose throw.

I recent gave my parents Nitecore Tubes. Small, light weight, but still bright enough for keychain use and rechargeable lion so it’ll still have power even if they ignore it for 6 months. There have been several recent deals between $5-$7. Before this they’ve just had coin cell photon clones.

KuoH

Frankly, she’d be better off with a table lamp, as this is for reading newspapers and flyers and the like. But, with the mess, there’s nowhere for the lamp to stay, and with a wire, any lamp would end up on the floor in short order. So, she uses a handheld flashlight, and there’s no convincing her otherwise, nor of better alternatives.

So…

Don’t you enjoy manipulative, overtly repetitious, late night (early morning) As Seen On TV advertising.

And after all , it’s on tv so it must be true. No one is allowed to lie on tv, or the internet for that matter. Therefore, it must check out!

Sorry for misleading you. I checked and it was actually 16 euros!

Their infomercials are so convincing, I can see in the dark :cowboy_hat_face:

Don’t forget… you must nod several times every single time you put ’em on.

Don’t believe me? Watch the commercial again. It’s required. In fact, they’ll take back the glasses if you don’t.

Internet post of the year!

well a neighbor fell for the hype and ordered one.
has some sort of latticebright clone led.
only pulls around 1a at the tail with 18650.
and my s2+ flat wipes it out.
the guy should have known to ask me first.
it was like $25 shipped.
then i broke the news.
the convoy was $8.99 on sale shipped.
as lights go its a peashooter.
but its a solid peashooter.
btw i did break out the heavy artillery in the form of a noctigon meteor.
damm that hurts was his response when i shined it on a white truck.

My buddy bought one a few days ago and had to show me how “impressive it was”. I told him to wait till night time and i had a surprise light to show him too. He showed me how “powerful” the $20 AB was and i pulled out a $15 Convoy S2+ and totally ruined his night. So now if i hear someone talking of the AB i have to give Convoy some more business.