Rechargeable lights

Fair do if you using it a lot. I can see for some the benefit of wanting to plug it in and top it up.

Although for me, I like to swap flashlights when the battery runs flat. So I find I rarely use any of the inbuilt chargers.

I would be able to give more of my lights to friends and family if they only had charging. As long as you have the ability to monitor the charge, I see no negatives to it and feel it is the future. Humans like the path of least resistance. External chargers can have their quirks also. Definitely not foolproof.

yes, i think thats the biggest benefit, for people whos not into flashlights, dont have dedicated chargers, built in charger is very necessary, all they need is a cable outside the flashlight, you cant be asking them to also buy a charger, which is kinda pointless if you dont have spare batteries, so then they also gotta buy spare batteries, and thats just forcing them down this rabbit hole…no no no, you gotta slowly seduce them down here with us lol

Just give any onboard charger a quick test to see whether/not to even use it.

Wait ’til it goes from red to green, then immediately pull the cell and measure the voltage. If it’s 4.20V or lower, great. Any higher, watch out, you probably don’t want to use it and overcharge your cells.

Getting most of the way there in case it’s running low, fine, but don’t let it sit ’til the indicator shows fully-charged.

Eg, my Tacklife goes from red to green at 4.0V-4.1V or so, but keeps slow-charging. So if I pull the plug shortly after it shows green, that’s awesome, as it’ll extend cell life a lot by not stuffing it to the gills, but I won’t leave it overnight, as it might hit 4.25V or whatever (forgot how high it goes).

It’s not a must have for me. I don’t like the cheap rubber flap covering a micro USB port. I would rather do without. On the other hand, if I could get a similar design as the K1 has, I would like to have that on some of my lights.

Zanflare F1. Well, if you can find one…

I would rather have a fast charger to reuse the flashlight after it pulled 15-20Amps, especially with low internal resistance cells used for high current discharges.
When you have multiple flashlights, which some have incorporated chargers, some don’t have incorporated chargers, some have 2A rated ones that overheat after awhile and lowers output power (because often these chargers sit in the air pocket of the head), you are better off with stand alone chargers.
If you go to a remote place make sure you get spare cells with you, then all of the sudden carrying a 2 bay charger does not seems bad.

For who isn’t a flashaholic charging cells outside a flashlight body will seems strange at least or deterring to use a flashlight.

Backyard survival situations are nothing compared to apartment use of long distance searchlights.

Dumb question. Can a battery with USB charging port be charged in external charger?

Pretty sure yeh.

I’ve done that plenty of times with the 18650 that came with my Atactical A1, so I can second that!