Recoil? What is it?

Nice one, JohnnyMac!

^ that is going to hurt her! LOL!

Back to topic, it's been discussed before in the forum, and a good aspheric will throw more than recoils.

Both recoils and aspherics project the crisp image of the square emitter, but from beamshot pics, sure the DBS aspheric throw a much smaller size emitter image, which makes it brighter to the eye and longer thrower.

Even if recoils are not the king of throw, they throw really well for the size and with virtually no spill. Also they recoil led design makes them "unique" in the array of available flashlights, so one recoil is worth to have in a collection, IMHO

Ok, thanks for explanation folks, no recoil for me fo now, dont need one at the moment :)

The thought of that just makes me wince.

Well I bought my first recoil thrower.

Which one did you get?

Small Sun A18 400LM 3Mode CREE Q5 LED

http://www.dinodirect.com/led-flashlight-380lm-3mode-cree-q5.html

Maybe you did a review of this already…if so, please direct me.

Opinions?? Price is certainly right.

Without the options of hopping up another model, this one looks like a winner

As I really feel the need for some recoil here———————> *

Get yourself a Utilitech AAA. It has a perfectly circular beam. Not bright, but round.

I have one recoil thrower. I won’t buy another. They are a bunch of hype going off the one I have.

What is recoil you ask? Well, place the butt of a 10 gauge shotgun with a magnum load of 00 buck against your shoulder. Pull trigger. Voila! RECOIL!

Pelican and foxfury made some recoil lights as well.
I have an 80 lumen recoil light from pelican and it cuts through smoke and fog really well.