Recommend a Dog walking light for my Girlfriend

Your definitely not alone. I have a sneaking suspicion there are a bunch of closet headlamp lovers in the bunch. I didn’t think I would ever need one until a good friend gave me one. It wasn’t anything fancy. Bourit RJ20 I think. Now I have more than a few. Never had to buy one. My buddy keeps giving them to me. He is a headlamp junky. Thank goodness for him though. I will never be without one again.

If your significant other ever gets in your crawl. Just strap that thing on your head as your walking into the store for a shopping trip with her. She’ll come around right quick. :smiley:

Search at Duluth trading company website, night owl dog collar. I have one for my dog.

Now, if someone can invent an additive for dog food to make the poo glow under UV light ….

The right-angle form factor is my all-around favorite.

Good advice! My first few GAW to friends was Convoy C8 with protected 18650. Then got more cautions and changed to Sofirn SF11 with the odd Tool AA or AAA depending on the age.

They are a small operation but their product is superb, now that they have added magnetic charging it’s pretty much perfect.

Hi,

Opinion from a low tech point of view.

When walking dog in the evening, there is nobody outside, so I let the dog roam free. It’s more difficult to see where the dog is. So a light attached on the collar is convenient. You can get a bike tail light on eBay for $1. I use these, set to slow blinking mode.

We may not always think about this. Dog eyes are very sensitive, be careful not to shine your flashlight directly to your dog eyes (your dog will look at you quite often). And we tend to direct the light beam to the dog when we look for him in the dark. ANY modern flashlight is too powerful, and you don’t need to look at the reflector to get convinced.

Not sure about your case, but I don’t walk the dog in total darkness. There is always streetlamps or moonlight. I wear light color or fluo jacket. When I need light, I got away with a flashlight running on 3x AAA which I got from a dollar store (I didn’t know about modern flashlights … a month ago). And even with that prehistoric light, I turn it off most of the time. It’s really low tech, but works quite well.

I had an energizer 6aa HD, and it died before I got through one set of batteries.

agree with LEDicrous above.
we use something similar for our 4 dogs.
each gets a different color attached to the “top”
of the collar along the dog’s spine.

There is just something about the title of this thread that I can’t help from thinking there is a joke in there somewhere. No offense OP.

I was serious as can be. Not sure what your thinking.

Either he’s hinting you’re implying that your GF is a dog, or he remembers the old joke:

“I just got a new car for my wife!”
“Excellent trade, man!”

Again, no offense, I’m sophomoric like that.

Yeah, along those lines. Just a lame attempt at a joke. Peace.

I actually posted a joke along those lines, but decided that it could be taken the wrong way, so I deleted it.

(It wasn't very funny, either.)

Take my wife, please.

Yeah.... My reply was going to be .

"That's kind of a mean thing to say about your girlfriend ."

I’m sure you’ve already bought one by now but the sofirn c8f can be found for under $30 and it’s on Amazon for a bit more. Lots of flood, good bit of throw, 21700 battery with a side switch.

And someone mentioned you can get ’em with ’351s, too!

If I didn’t already have a C8F army (from the original ones with XP-Gs through a coupla 21700s), I’d be all over those like stink on a monkey.