Recommend a gift key-ring light

Hey guys!

I’m trying to think whats the best mini flashy would be for my father, he knows nothing about lights but loves the ones i have and the i3E I have on my key-chain,

Whats the options and overall opinions now on the best mini torch preferably AAA or rechargeable as has no experience with bats

Was thinking between (please add suggestions)
Olight i3E EOS
Olight i1R 2 EOS
Tank007 E18

I recently bought 2 RovyVon Aurora A3 lights.
They have many other models, aluminum, steel, copper, titanium (IMO titanium is to expensive for a light where you cannot change battery - at least easily if possible at all)
It is available with hi CRI Nichia.

I like them very much. They are extremely bright for such a small light.
They have unusual interface but I think it is actually very good for key-chain light.
You press button for momentary high, double press turns light on on low and you can then change a modes), hold for off.

Edit: USB cover may be my only complain, on one of the light it is kind of loose.

I have so many keychain and small flashlights but I just can’t help it.

• Olight I3 Eos is an awesome AAA flashlight. It is one of the shortest keychains light out there. ( can use AAA, Ni-Mh, 10440) — 90 Lumen (AAA), 300 Lumen (10440)
  • Lumintop EDC01 twisty compact cheap, ($10), 120 Lm –3 mode. Only cool white
  • Lumintop Pico 130 Lm ($15) rechargeable, super small, only cool white
  • Sofirn C01s- very nice tint 4000k, SST-20, very long run time comparing to other AAA ($10)
  • Rovyvon collection: A1x, A2x, A3x etc
  • Nitecore TIKI small, light near copy cat of Rovyvon with cheaper price, similar UI and feature, shorter battery ( some cool tricks: police light, UV)

If your budget allows and you really want a nice gift for your dad. I recommend Rovyvon their product is quite expensive but their design and customer services is simply amazing. Their product line up have everything you might want or need. Just look up in the forum, there are couple review of them,
Just remember to choose the second generation such as A1x, A2x, A3x etc (The x letter means the latest upgrade version with much better battery, Output and UI, and Nichia option)
Here are a few pictures comparing the size.

If he loves the i3E, get him one. Last one I got was not even cw like my old i3E but approx. 5000K (the desert tan model that Olight offered some time ago for free). Not sure if they use this LED for all i3Es now, but they are still worth it. Small, takes AAA, one twist & have enough light.

I was gonna recommend the Wuben E-series keychain lights, but their website seems to suck ass. Gets stuck with a “Sign up now!” pop-in plastered over everything that Just Won’t Go Away.

I love small lights! Whatever amazing multiple cells/emitters high lumen lights i may have, the ones i use most are the small ones.

Great pict Anthony!

I was going to suggest the Astrolux A01, a long time favorite over here, and the Sofirn C01S a newer popular contender. The Jetbeam µ is quite nice too. Very compact and certainly bright.

One that is still my alltime favorite is the Ultratac K18. Ultra light in Al. Beautiful - w side switch though. Hard to beat on 10440. Not so obvious UI. May not fit everybody.

As a side note, i’ve been gifting lights for years around me, and whenever they need light… they don’t have the light with them or they don’t know where it is, or the cell is dead, or they don’t remember how it works… and endup using their cellphone! Lol!

This was in sale somedays ago ($24.95), not sure if it is still available at that price!

I am a RovyVon fan, and my keychain has one (A5R) and my neck has another (A8U) :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you try the new A23, A24 etc, product ? I was able to grab one A23 Nichia on sale on Father day and really love it. Only a little bigger then S1R II but much nicer tint with 219C.

I am also a big RovyVon fan. I saw the email they send out for the Dragon boat festival sale. The A3 pro with Desert tan color is great to upgrade with a bigger battery, and even more scratch-resistant housing. However, the shipping adds $8 which kills the deal for me.

I inbox Rovyvon and they say the A3 Pro with be available on Amazon next month. So excited.

I have one A23 (XP-L, though) on the way precisely! Since they were released I was looking to get one and recently I bought it :wink:
I surely is bigger, but I like the looks of it :wink:

I didn’t go for the A3 pro because I in the future I want to grab a copper or titanium one for a more “good looking” EDC setting!
Otherwise I would have jumped! They are innovative and they keep things “small”. Even being a bit more expensive, they are not out of the limits!

Glad to see more people that are RV fans :wink:

Thanks for all your input guys!

I’ve gone for the RovyVon A1 (unfortunately wouldn’t be able to get the x version quick enough but great first torch!)

Looking at it i may need to get one myself and let my kids finally have the i3E :innocent:

Thanks for mentioning those two, especially the Rovyvon. Real nice lights. I almost pulled the trigger on the A2x SS and was also looking at the copper one… but a bit pricey indeed.

And now Jetbeam comes up with the SS feature packed Mini One at a very affordable price:

I gotta cast a vote for the Nitecore TUBE.
It’s the size of a flash drive, and supposedly makes 45 Lumens on high.
Micro USB rechargeable - cord and power supply not included.
It is so small, it’s never a bother to carry. Even single AAA lights are too bulky with all the other crap I need to carry in my pockets.

All the Best,
Jeff

You give out really nice gifts :wink:

I usually look for a the cheapest ones:
Singfire SF-348
Uking Pen Light
Sofirn C01
Astrolux A01
Lumintop EDC01

Hi everyone !Does anyone know how does the Roryvon A3 stack up to the Lumentop GT nano as an edc keychain light? Thanks for all replies!

If you want something with similar design to the i3E, I can highly recommend the Skilhunt E3A High CRI keychain light. It is very affordable (around 6-8 USD on Ali), easy to use - twist to turn on or off and runs on AAA bateries. Design is absolute minimalistic, perfect to keep on keys. I already bought several for my family.

+1

I don’t know why i failed to mention the Skilhunt E3A but this is certainly a very nice/affordable/compact/simple light that i do gift a lot around me and that i also use on my car keys. On/Off only. Bright enough and simple. Everybody loves them. I just received three more.

The E2A is only a little bigger but can put out a lot more lumens than the E3A.

The M200 is barely bigger’n that, and can put out a whoooole lot more lemons than that, too! :laughing: