Recommend a proper USB wall charger

This is related enough it’s probably not off topic, but for anyone that does have a number of USB chargers, I found these little mini usb lights from FT that cost just over a buck are very handy to plug into many of your unused USB ports. I have one that is plugged into the back of the Plasma TV that provides just the right amount of backlight in a dark room to decrease eyestrain, some in the 110V chargers, sometimes plug one into my ENB Power Pack, and one in our van in a USB adapter that is in the cigarette lighter socket that point down to the floor and is good at night.

I really appreciate the suggestions you guys are coming up with.

It turns out last one of my chargers stopped working today. So I think I might end up buying 3 different types.

Mini USB light is such a great idea. It would be great addition to a laptop.

A Pink YooPoo charger. I got to get one just as a conversation starter :bigsmile:

Earlier I mentioned that my Powergen charger wasn't working anymore and that I'd make a warranty claim. They just let me know that they're going to have Amazon send me out a replacement charger. That's pretty good service. Unlike the Ioncell charger, there's actually warranty support from the manufacturer, and I should get the replacement in days instead of weeks. That's one of the reasons why I bought the Powergen, and it's paying off.

The replacement Powergen charger arrived today. 24 cents more than the Ioncell from IOS, shipping is two days instead of a month, and there's good support. The first one may have failed, but all in all I'd say it was a good 24 cents spent.

Edit: $3.24, not 0.24. The older version I bought cost more than the current version.

The Powergen charger looks nice.

I wondered what these were like. Do you have both 3500K and 5000K?

I had to cover the blue LED on my YooPoo charger with white tape because it’s so bright!

Hi Chloe,

I just stuck with the warm white, and as I’m not after high lumens, I just got all of the same model. In fact I received 5 more of them yesterday as I tend to use them all over the place, and they seem to get misplaced pretty easily as well.

I am however tempted to screw up my courage and get real adventurous and try the “USB Powered 3*Epistar 50LM 2800-3200K Warm White LED Night Light” next time I order, as the only decisions you regret are the ones you don’t make.

Thanks! I think I will try one in my laptop cooler socket.