Recommend me a 18650 light with some specific requests

Been out of the the flashlight hobby for some time now, I’ve been satisfied with the collection. Sadly though I lost my work horse some time ago, it’s probably lying in some customers attic and going to be nice surprise for the next person going up there.
So, I work as a electrician and I’m always carrying a flashlight in my tool belt since one of the perks of being an electrician is cutting the power for the customer. The light I lost was a Olight i6 Paladin which was almost perfect.

Good

1. Perfect UI - 2 modes chosen by tightening or loosing the head. I always knew which mode the light started in.
  2. Forward clicky - I like that because it makes it easy to point at stuff with the beam.
  3. 18650 battery - I have plenty and its the perfect form factor.
  4. Moded to warm/neutral white - I prefer this because it makes it easier to differentiate the different colours on cables.

Bad

1. The head could have been a tad bit smaller.
  2. Thats it.

I’ve been looking around but I cant find any light matching my criteria’s of FEW (blinky and firefly aren’t necessary) modes that are easily changed BEFORE i turn on the light, forward clicky and warm to neutral colour.
I would be glad of any recommendations of lights matching my criteria’s.

Recommend me a 18650 light with some specific requests

Well, if you are able to/willing to mod a flashlight, I would say that you could get:

- Convoy flashight host (S2+ is the most versatile, you can also pick an 18350 battery tube in case you want to make it shorter). In case you order it from Convoy Store in AliExpress, you can also aslo ask Simon to mount a Forward Clicky Switch instead of a reverse switch.

- a 17mm driver from Lexel with Bistro HD OTSM firmware. This firmware will allow you to configure the flashlight to have different modes, lower and higher modes. It currently is my favourite firmaware and I just mounted a Convoy S6 with it.

• about the Led choice, a common and current option is the Samsung LH351D, 5000K (neutral white), 90CRI. You can also try Luxeon V or Luxeon V2 Leds, that being 70CRI, are pretty nice and give great Neutral and Warm White tints

These are just some suggestions. I am sure that other members will have other options for sure :wink:

My absolute favorite light of that sort. Jetbeam Jet-IIM or the Jet-3M if you don’t mind a larger head. You’d have to swap emitters. The XPL Hi’s are pretty nice and white but nothing close to warm/neutral.

I like having the head fulling tighten’d for full brightness and just a small twist to get to another preset lower mode or blinky if you so choose. The IIM is pretty pricey. I think Illumn still has some 3M’s for around $35.

The IIM is my do everything light. I am usually never without it.

For tool belt carry. Wowtac A1S neutral. Convoy S2+ with Stt20 2700k. You can program the UI to some extent with that S2 and some others that have “biscotti”.

Maybe Armytek Dobermann Pro Warm Light. Momentary, two high modes can be programmed for tightend head brightness and a couple of other modes for loosened head to choose from, 4000K color temperatur. The forward clicky is accessible from all sides as there’s no collar around it. Comes with holster and clip (wouldn’t recommend clip).