Recommend me a flooder please

I haven’t been following for a while now, the Skyray king was new last time I regularly checked here!

But now I’m after a monster flooded, hopefully something that will blow the SRK into the weeds.

I guess battery is likely to be 18650 which is fine (I have some HE2s if needed) but I’m particularly fond of 26650 so if any take that then that’s a plus for me.

Budget, well sub $100, ideally sub $80 but if it’s worth it then so be it.

Throw, not too bothered, around 20k lux is ideal but frankly if is has a reflector then I’m sure that will be enough, this is all about flood, is 3k+ lumens possible stock?

No mods unless it can be bought modded, though budget probably precludes that.

Suggestions please :slight_smile:

Edit, trustfires lights and the like are out in afraid, prefer soda can style lights I think.

Are flashlights with 4x 18650s acceptable?
USA?

Absolutely 4x18650 but not US sellers please, I wish but customs kill any US deals I’m afraid :frowning:

If you want a stock flooder I think the trustfire TRJ-12 or TRJ18 will fit the bill. I’ve had the trj-12 for years now and still use it all the time for work. It runs on 2 or 3 18650 OR 26650. Thing is like carrying a light plant around with you all the time. I’m so impressed with mine I’ve never felt the need to mod it but there are drivers to swap out that make them 4-5k lumen flooders easily.

Have a look after the TR-J20 aka “The Plunger”

I resistor-modded mine, but even without that it’s a pretty bright light :wink:

That OEM, Trustfire, Ultrafire, etc 12 emitter that holds 6 18650's. Search on RaceR86 & Retard Light.

Oh, don't get the XP-L version. It probably will have crappy generic emitters, not XP-L's

EDIT: Here is a beam shot with link to build thread (He dedomed some emitters for more throw):

KINFIRE K1200S 12 x CREE XM - L2 8700lm 5 - Mode White Flashlight - Black (6 x 18650)

^ That's one version of it. I think someone had a code for it for like $72 or something.

TrustFire 15000LM 5 Modes Cree XM - L2 T6 12 LEDs Water - resistant Flashlight ( 1 x 18650 Battery ) - BLACK

M43 Noctigon on LOL unless you can find a local dealer that stocks them like mine does…

Those beamshots don't at all look like they come from that light. How much light is that thing actually making?

Do these things do the business now then? A good few years back I bought a TF3T6, I bloody hate the thing, terrible PWM and a horrid, very cool tint.

Not sure which ones you are asking about, but the general answer is no. They all pretty much need to be modded to be considered decent or serious lights.

3000-4200lm

Edit: Reportedly some pwm.

Ok been thinking about this over night, not fond of the trustfires at all, I want a decent light from the off with high quality and decent tint. What’s the best SRK available now? Or should I hold a month or so and just save for the M43?

Where you from? I have a Thrunite TN36 NW for sale

I would save for the M43 or TN36. Two very high quality lights, for reasonable prices, miles above any SRK.

I would seriously hold off for an M43. It’s not massively above the budget you stated in the op.

And it will give you no annoying PWM, good tint and choice of emitters.

Anything budget, while often a good starting point, will generally have less than great tint and PWM on lower modes.

I’m in UK, if you think postage won’t be too savage please PM me, I will go check out some reviews, may I ask why you are selling?