Recommend me an AA/14500 light

Thanks for the help guys, I did look up the other lights people recommended, but in the end went with the Xeno e03 as for $25 it was too good to miss: Xeno E03 XML T6 Blue and Red $24.99

I don’t think i’ll need to use it for more than 1-2 hours at a time, but I’ll carry extra batteries just in case :slight_smile:

Think this will be the last lot of AA/14500 lights for a while, next time i’ll get 18650.

I hate that I missed out on this recommendation:

Give the EagleTac D25A a look. Moonlight mode, decent high on AA and unbelievable on 14500. Really tiny. Really well built. Tailstands too (also important to me). I don’t know about the XM-L model but the XP-G (which I have) has an amazing tint. I ordered it with a neutral white and it matches the output of a HID lamp almost exactly, which I LOVE.

Budget, man, he needs a budget light :bigsmile:

haha funny thing is, I already have the Eagletac D25A. I got it for about ~$36 6 months ago, and it’s been a great light; but it no longer changes modes (i.e. stays on low). Same problem as people here: D25A Mini - no longer changing modes | Candle Power Flashlight Forum

D25A being stuck on low is what prompted this buying spree :frowning:

I never tried 14500 on it (in fact i dont even own 14500s, though i have ordered some now). I thought that 14500 would burn it :S

That IS budget. You buy one awesome light instead of two acceptable lights. :stuck_out_tongue:

Aloha and welcome to BLF RaVeN!

Oh Yeah how rude of me Welcome to BLF Mr Raven.

“Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
”’Tis some visitor,” I muttered, “tapping at my chamber door
Only this, and nothing more.”

Nevermore .

Haha, good argument :bigsmile:
No, really, just told you that because OP needs one for under $30 :slight_smile:

Again, thanks for the welcome guys :slight_smile:

And KLowD9x / SashiX you guys seem to have missed my post where i said i already have the D25A :stuck_out_tongue:

Is that the clicky or twisty model?

It’s the twist one >.>

I have the clicky, I hope it doesn’t get stuck on low.

AFAIK only the twisty has this problem, you should be fine.

Guess I can still use it as a bed light, but it still kinda sucks that I paid for what I thought was a quality light, and it borked after some months. I’m not the only one with this problem either, i found a thread on CPF with others having the same issue.

Dang i love APP

http://youtu.be/VZyNKrYo9I4

Get a nitecore D-10

If you want to make your Xeno E03 super floody; get yourself one of these (google it to find a retailer):

Xeno TW15 E03/S3A Diffuser Wand

It’s $6, made of a really nice quality plastic, and it works great! Plus you can use it on other lights (that it would fit on).

@Strick9: Yep I got that diffuser with it as well :slight_smile:

Damn the wait for my flashlights is killing me >.>

I used to do a lot of online selling of knives and other stuff and did quit a bit of oversees selling. My advice is to not ship to certain countries as they are not reliable. Anything in the former USSR is not worth the risk, Turkey, Australia, and a few others.

I see you are in Aus, I’m parting with all my 14500 and 18650 stuff (changing to AA only).

I have a black XM-L Xeno E03 and 2 x 14500 protected TrustFire flames, $20 plus postage.

The batteries have only been charged about 2 times and the E03 has hardly been used apart from comparison shots on the wall, never been carried or scratched ect.

PM if you are interested.

edit I read the rest of the thread, seems you already bought one.

Australia is former USSR? That’s news to me.

It’s only risky sending stuff to some third world countries like nigeria…

@ezarc: Yep I’ve already bought it, otherwise I might have taken you up on your offer.