Recommendation: 1xAA - Eneloop - Run Time - Bright - Flood - Throw

Hello all, newb virgin post,

A) Would like forum expertise to recommend light based on the following in priority order:

1) One AA Eneloop
2) Run Time 3+ hours
3) Lower price ($25 or less) since my 11yo Boy Scout will probably lose it !
4) Durability
5) Brightness
6) Flood
7) Throw

I was thinking of just getting a few of the sk68 clones and just keeping them in a drawer till on gets lost.

B) If you think I should use a different battery option but keep 2-7 in the same order, what would you get?

Sipik68 won’t meet your 3+ hour criteria. How about an L3 Illumination L10?

Balder SE-1… Family tough.

What do you think about this one? (20:money_mouth_face:

http://dx.com/p/bronte-ra04-xpg-r5-led-90lm-3-mode-memory-white-light-flashlight-w-key-ring-1-x-aa-14500-114596?Utm_rid=43033281&Utm_source=affiliate

Reviewed here Review: Bronte RA-04

It is very robust.

But it gives only 90 lumens with AA. More than 2 and a half hours with a 2500mAh battery on HIGH mode

3 modes (L, M, H ) No strobes, no SOS

I think 3 hour run time is going to be a stretch unless it’s on quite a low mode. I’d have thought a Mini Maglite Pro+ would be a reasonable bet. Although an sk68 isn’t exactly a bad choice IMO.

Agreed. You are going to get better runtime with 2 AA. Just discovered MiniMag Pro is at Home Depot for $22.88, available in 4 colors. Officially they give it 2:30 run time, but it is time regulated, so by turning it off and then on again, it resets the timer and you will get around 6 hours total run time off eneloop or primaries according to tests.

How about UF F20? 5 modes, decent output, and runs on 1 AA with XR-E emitter and belt clip.

EDIT: I meant F20, not T20.

The Romisen RC-G2 seems to fit the bill nicely.

It's nice of you to join us, himey97!

A virgin post by someone named himey? Isn't that a bit on the nose? ;)

Took the plunge:

Ordered a Romisen RC-G2, a TF R5-A3, and 4 sk68 clones to keep around the house…

Got a Thrunite Ti for myself while I was at it !

Thanks for all your responses.