Recommendation for buying long range torch 1 km

Have you considered a horse and riding the perimeter? Generally reliable and excellent beef stew afterwards. :confounded:

In my opinion, at best, given the distance and the narrow focus, it would have to be a total rip in the fence to be visible. Maybe that’s enough. That’s your call.

As for the horse….lol

…or an EnderFire.

That’s a huge exaggeration.
I have no problem pointing my throwers at stuff 1-2km away, and they have a spot that’s smaller than anything else that exists.

Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

What brand are you using ?

Did you get that from BangGood ? or somewhere else ?

There is no brand, I build them myself.

I see

Hopefully Agro will see this request. Agro keeps a spreadsheet with links to many, many throwers. When I asked for recommendations of a thrower rated at more than 1,000 meters in a single cell format for under $130, Agro posted his list. BINGO! There it was: Acebeam T27 Grand Throw. Rated throw: 1,180 meters. XHP35HI. NW 5000K. 348,000cd. 2500 lumen. Easy UI. Side AND tail switches. Instant and momentary access to turbo. Weighs under 400 grams with battery. 1x21700 battery included - 5200mAh - rechargeable in flashlight. 6.9 inches long. Holster. $119.

I did a layman user’s (non-technical) write up on my initial experiences with the T27 on a BLF thread about the Acebeam T27 about a month ago. Acebeam T27 review

I am loving this light. It has a very focused, bright, night penetrating beam. There are longer throwing, longer running multi-cell torches. But for this size and weight I have not found better. The T27 put my four other single cell throwers (ranging from 600 - 1,000 meters) out to pasture.

“EnderFire”, and have a little flame dotting the ‘i’. C’mon…

[quote] Acebeam T27 Grand Throw [/quote]

From where did you purchase it ?

ANSI distance ratings to .25 lux are pretty much unusable in the real world.
You would only be able to tell any difference if you were shining the flashlight into a white wall or reflective street sign or something.
A more realistic and usable intensity is 1 lux, so half the ANSI rated distance.
That means if OP wants to use the flashlight at 800m he should be looking at something that is ANSI 1600m or more, 640kcd+

I absolutely support Enderman’s last post.

Especially if you want to make out things in the dark, instead of just confirming that some light reaches your target, you want as many lux as possible.

I would opt for BL GT or MF04 with XHP35 if you are reliably need to see at 800-1000m.

With the added regulation you will be able to see stuff for a long time. Going XHP70 this changes, as you lose light the more you drain your batteries.

Obviously he is more experience than me

HKEquipment

(I think that stands for Hong Kong equipment.)

Best packaging I have ever seen on a flashlight.

I see the price is now $139. Look around for a discount code.

Thx for sharing

The one that you mentioned has no suffix S I have seen model MF04S as well,,,,any difference ?

I agree with your premise that meter ratings don’t mean you can see something that far away - especially at distances over a few hundred meters. I take this light to a pitch-black highway location at 3:00am and shine it down the road. It’s a test I do with all my lights. I saw a dark moose crossing the snow-covered highway (high contrast) at 6/10th of a mile (about 1KM) with this light. It was barely discernible and at that distance even a moose appears small. My eyes are not sharp enough to see a dog or cat at that distance. Most of what I want to see is within 1000 FEET and the T27 is very bright at that distance - much more so than my other single cell throwers.

For spotting animals or spotting owls in tree-tops this light is excellent. The first thing I often see is the reflection of the eyes. That is how I first noticed the moose. FWIW (not much): The T27 will send and reflect light back to you from a reflective highway sign almost two MILES away.

both BLF GT and MF04 are available with XHP35 Emitter (more throw, less overall light (lumens) and XHP70 (less throw, more overall light).

BLF GT70 / MF04S = XHP70
BLF GT / MF04 = XHP35

I don’t have the collections of lights people have in this forum, my only “super” light is the Q8.

I was curious if I could see a human being at roughly the 200 meters that you mention. Give or take. As long as they were discernable from the background, I could. Otherwise I had to focus in, which means that if if I was on a simple security walk, I’d miss them. It wasn’t the amount of light, the Q8 lit up the area, it just hard to pick up from the background.

At a kilometer, in broad daylight with a contrasting background, maybe I can tell if it’s a human. If they are standing in front of a store window, no way. If they are moving, maybe. More because my brain is saying….moving small object the is 6 times taller then width must be human.

Obvious I’m going to buy a long throw light just for fun, but if I want a “better” light, I rather throw 4 times the lumens and light up an area to 300 meters then some super thrower with a tiny field of view, which I can barely see human size objects.

Unless I was hunting for UFO’s……

Im quite curios about this too