Recommendations for a spotlight to scare off wildlife at night?

——————————-

Right. A thrower taped to a pellet gun offers three incentives for a critter to think twice: Bright light, noise, and pain. I know this thread is a few months old but it seems worth mentioning. Critters don’t come back for at least three months after said encounter.

Look at motion sensor noise maker at amazon. I have problen with coyotes in the area and old dog and cat going out worries me, say one 30 feet from back door last year. also motion sensor lights out near where I see a trail.

Spotlight to scare off wildlight at night?

… you’ll want one of these.

• Excellent throw
  • Comes in single or double mounts
  • Offers protection against the most aggressive wildlife

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

How about a pocket green laser? Anything in the 1+ watt range should be sufficient

This is a different approach and may not work for you, but I have had good results in keeping critters out of my yard. I got mine from Amazon its the Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer. It uses your water hose and motion detector to spray the critters if they come in range. It works pretty good and you can adjust range and frequency. Its like an impulse sprinkler. About $100

I don’t know if this would deter black bears mid summer. They may come back for more. :smiley:

like pennzy said: “I don’t know if this would deter black bears mid summer. They may come back for more.”
we previously used a Scarecrow Brand motion-activated one.

bottom line:
it worked for deer.

it did not work for:

1. local dogs. they loved chasing it back and forth in a semi-circle.
  2. raccoons, skunks, etc. came at night to drink the water left in the dogs’ semi-circle.
  3. birds…all kinds (even turkeys) liked to drink out of the ditch depressions or bathe.
  4. insects…numerous. mosquitoes laid eggs. various flies came together to make more flies.
  5. finally, yes, bears. well, just one lonely juvenile male. he hit the “bar” and moved on.

thank goodness we have a well.
a city water bill would have been way too expensive.
even at that, we did not leave it on all the time.
sort of looked like Crow T. Robot from MST-3000.

My ED-209 works lots better.

Hmm...

Weird spam...

A link to a website selling Michael Myers costumes, but it doesn't really make sense.

I like MM more than most people, but, it's still spam.

Does anyone know whether ammonia repels black bears? Had a big bruiser already. Although we don’t leave any seed out overnight they still smell it.

i would think that just a sniff of ammonia would cause nearly anything to turn and run. It burns so bad that no bear is gonna want seconds on that.

How about an Imalent MS18? It’s a beast let me tell you